Bushnell Trophy modifications...

The place to discuss firearms related modifications or home made shooting equipment.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

MicroGuy
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Bushnell Trophy modifications...

Post by MicroGuy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:41 pm

I got the above mentioned scope to go with my new Ruger Mark III Hunter Target (SS).

And I think there's a couple of mods that would do this scope some good.

First of all, if you attach it and detach it several times, sooner or later, you'll strip out the female threads in the aluminum block. Aluminum just isn't that strong, sooner or later it will go.

So when they do, I think I'm going to just go ahead and drill them out, and use some longer HEX head screws, and on the other side, just use some thumb screws.

That would eliminate the need for an Allen wrench to tighten/loosen the screws. Ease mounting and dis-mounting.

Because you'd have to use "standard" HEX head screws, you'll have to drill out the recess for the socket head too. The current recess is for a modified HEX socket cap screw. The head is smaller in diameter.

Next, I'm going to trim off some aluminum from the bottom of the scope rings.

That will allow you to use the stock Hi-Viz sights that came with the gun, by looking under the scope.

A little tough to actually see the target, but I think it will work out just fine.

That's about all I can think of for now.