brass catcher

The place to discuss firearms related modifications or home made shooting equipment.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Blazer

brass catcher

Post by Blazer » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:09 pm

Does anyone have plans or just some good ideas that I can use for when I make a brass catcher? I have had some back surgery and I hate to have to search all over the firing line for my spent brass. I need to make something that is light and collapsible. I'm trying to get my homemade range box finished up first. One project at a time :wink:

Blazer

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:33 pm

Some PVC pipe and a military style net laundry bag could make a good brass catcher.

Here's a picture of something similar with a cloth bag.

I'd make a PVC square frame big enough for the mouth of the bag. Then I'd form a stand out of PVC that I could set for the height I needed. Kind of like what this guy did with some PVC.

R,
Bullseye

wlambert
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by wlambert » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:07 pm

There always seem to be a few rounds that miss the catcher.

To avoid bending down, my friend made a tool from a collapsing car antenna or a presentation pointer, not sure which. All he did was bend an "L" on the tip.

It stays folded in his gun box until he needs to pick up brass. Then he extends the "L", puts it into the brass and lifts it up. Works well for brass that has gone in front of the line too. After the line is clear naturally.

wlambert
NRA Benefactor
Lehigh Valley Police Revolver League
Guthsville Pistol League