new way to disable mag disconnect for free

The place to discuss firearms related modifications or home made shooting equipment.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ekaphoto

new way to disable mag disconnect for free

Post by ekaphoto » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:07 pm

Being really cheap and lazy I decided to try a new way to disconnect the mag safety. Long story short it works. all I did was pull out the disconnecter and file off the hook that catches the sear. To keep the pressure off I cut the long end of the spring off just above the first bend. The hook that goes over the disconnect is still in place and hooked on the disconnect to keep spacing. There you go the FREE and easy way to disable the mag disconnect. BTW thanks to bullseye for giving me the tip about relieving spring pressure. I tried it with spring not cut and in place. It worked but really grated on the sear so I pulled it apart and cut the springs. Forgive me if someone else did this before and I am hashing old news.
John

recumbent
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by recumbent » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:24 pm

Your cheap but not lazy :D

you saved $1.91, that's the price of the MKII hammer bushing from Brownells.

+ shipping (almost forgot about the shipping). Great tip by the way.....

:lol:
"I seek not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions."
- Kwai Chang Caine -

ekaphoto

Post by ekaphoto » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:51 pm

:lol: :lol:

I will probably order a bushing next time I order from brownells. I didn't want to order a part that inexpensive plus i have no patience so I wanted it fixed now. :) Well also the challange to see if it worked helped. Next project, make my trigger adjutable.
John