Finally got out to shoot some clays

The place to discuss all aspects of shotgun shooting.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Ruffchaser

Finally got out to shoot some clays

Post by Ruffchaser » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:07 pm

Hey bearanoldman you out there ?

I finally got to shoot some sporting clays yesterday although it was just a five station setup , because the normal course is not open yet due to the time of year and mud etc... The first time thru was not too good. was still trying to find the birds and where they were coming from . But the next two times were better . It was a ton of fun and I cant wait to do some real courses . Hopefully between doing some of that and shooting some trap and skeet at the club I belong to Ill be ready for the grouse next year if they ever return .

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: Finally got out to shoot some clays

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:20 am

Ruffchaser wrote:Hey bearanoldman you out there ?

I finally got to shoot some sporting clays yesterday although it was just a five station setup , because the normal course is not open yet due to the time of year and mud etc... The first time thru was not too good. was still trying to find the birds and where they were coming from . But the next two times were better . It was a ton of fun and I cant wait to do some real courses . Hopefully between doing some of that and shooting some trap and skeet at the club I belong to Ill be ready for the grouse next year if they ever return .
Glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself, the five stand setup is nice in cold and wet weather, sort of a shot version of the regular game. If I remember someplace I read that the average score on clays is 60%, do not feel bad about a low score. I have seen a lot of guys come in with less than 10 of 50 on their first try. It's not like skeet and trap where you are expected to break them all. Have fun and a Woooofie from the Bear.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.