Shot my first bullseye match

A section to discuss marksmanship issues: techniques, equipment, experiences, etc.

Also, a place to ask marksmanship related questions to seek information from the vast knowledge base of this forum's membership.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Shot my first bullseye match

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:00 am

Decided i'd try my hand at bullseye shooting... Shot my mkII target, with irons at an indoor range. I think I did allright for my first time but i was not really prepared for the course of fire (should have done my home work first. I shot a 638/900 but I know I can do better. I've decided i'm going to try it again when iget a chance. all the other shooters were great and I had really fun time.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:12 am

That's great! Don't worry about the scores just focus on the event. This is a great way to get to know other shooters and learn another way to challenge yourself to perform well with your pistols. Shooters are some of the finest people in the world.

R,
Bullseye

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:11 am

I agree...I still think I would have fared better if I looked at the rules/course of fire and whatnot prior to shooting (doing some reading up right now)... I had a great time and am definitely going back.