The beginning of a beautiful relationship??

A section to discuss marksmanship issues: techniques, equipment, experiences, etc.

Also, a place to ask marksmanship related questions to seek information from the vast knowledge base of this forum's membership.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

perazzi

The beginning of a beautiful relationship??

Post by perazzi » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:08 pm

My Mark III with the "old eyes" new UltraDot 1"

50' timed fire...

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:15 pm

Looks like a winning combination. Nice shooting.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bebloomster
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by bebloomster » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:52 pm

Nothing to complain about there !!!!!!!!!

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:52 pm

nice shootin'

hutchman

Post by hutchman » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:00 am

Nice combo, and since I know nothing about this type of shooting, how would your target be scored?

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:31 am

I see a 99-2X or possibly a 99-3X based on that hole at 4 o'clock. It might make the line, but without an overlay it is hard for me to tell. I really cannot judge from that photo. Either way that's a fine score.

R,
Bullseye

perazzi

Post by perazzi » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:36 am

Thanks surprised me. Never shot a dot before. All that trap shooting paid off, looking hard at the target. I worry about love affairs though. You know how they often end lol

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:42 am

perazzi wrote:Thanks surprised me. Never shot a dot before. All that trap shooting paid off, looking hard at the target. I worry about love affairs though. You know how they often end lol
Yup, look at the target. Used to shoot a lot of sporting clays and skeet with all the gages and especially loved the 28 gage. Look at the target and you only see the sight and barrel in your sub conscious mind. Look at the target swing on it and watch it break and never remember seeing the front sight, takes a little concentration, eh?
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:35 pm

Now you have first hand experience on why this style of sight is so popular with target shooters. It's not as easy for some to get used to, but if they stick with it eventually it all comes together.

R,
Bullseye

perazzi

Post by perazzi » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:59 pm

Not to pat you on the back tooooo much,
but, I've learned more from your site in the last 2 weeks about bullseye shooting and it's updates since the '70's,
and making a Mark III into a decent bullseye gun, than I would have ever known by just browsing the i'net...

:rock:

now, if I could only find that donation button... 8)

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:39 pm

now, if I could only find that donation button... Cool
I don't have one of these. But I really appreciate the offer. This website is one my very small contributions to give back to the shooting community.

My original shooting mentor made me promise to one day pass on the things he taught me to others - as his mentor did before him. I'm just fulfilling my role in the shooter's cycle of life. If we don't promote our shooting sport to the next generations of shooters, there won't be a sport because it will "die on the vine" from lack of new blood.

[Stand on soapbox]

I have had many offers to help with sponsorship of this website in the past. I've even had corporate contacts ask to host, in exchange for me promoting their products. I always decline, as I do not wish to be beholding to anyone. I see it as unethical. When I make recommendations, it isn't because someone's providing me with support, it is because I have used the product and find it worthy. I've had plenty of folks want to give me their products gratis to promote them, but I've always declined for the same ethical reasons.

There are some other websites who do not follow this credo and do huge write-ups on products without clearly revealing that they have received free products in exchange. Which always begs the question - "Is this really a good product or just a schmooze job as payback for a free sample?"

You guys please just keep contributing your part to the forum, because I cannot carry this thing completely on my own, and other good folks will learn from your information too. Everyone has something worthy to contribute. Together we make this thing run and new folks get to enjoy it.

[/leaving soapbox]

R,
Bullseye
Last edited by Bullseye on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perazzi

Post by perazzi » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:54 pm

You guys please just keep contributing your part to the forum, because I cannot carry this thing completely on my own, and other good folks will learn from your information too. Everyone has something worthy to contribute. Together we make this thing run and new folks get to enjoy it.
Will do, Capt'n :wink:

bebloomster
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by bebloomster » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:15 pm

I need a LOT more practice... seldom break 95 on Timed or Rapid at 50'

perazzi

Post by perazzi » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:32 pm

Well!! You just need to get a Mark III :lol:

Actually, I was indecisive on a mod 41 back in '72.. bought the Hi standard instead... Now I don't have either... :cry:

bebloomster
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by bebloomster » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:30 pm

Actually I was using a Mark lll before I bought the Model 41. Mark lll did work well but there is just no comparison to the Model 41.... especially when it comes to the trigger. Bought the 41, sold the Mark lll... no regrets at all.