New Ultradot

A section to discuss marksmanship issues: techniques, equipment, experiences, etc.

Also, a place to ask marksmanship related questions to seek information from the vast knowledge base of this forum's membership.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

New Ultradot

Post by Yleefox » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:13 pm

Well, my Ultradot arrived in the mail today. I have mounted it and intend to head to the range tomarrow. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

Y

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:14 pm

You should find it a very satisfying experience.

R,
Bullseye

bebloomster
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by bebloomster » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:30 pm

You're going to absolutely love it. Be sure to keep a spare battery in your shooting gear for "just in case".

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:59 am

You will love it. With the tube type you will quickly adapt. Like the others said, carry a spare battery at all times.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

SShearer

Post by SShearer » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:28 pm

The only problem I have with mine is me not remembering to turn it off, spare batteries are a good idea. It would be great if they came out with one that had an auto shut off if the scope was not moved within a predetermined amount of time but that would just add to the price. As good as these things are I can't believe they don't cost more.

Steve

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:19 am

First I'd like to thank all who replied. Secondly, here is my range report. As might be expected, it took a bit to get used to using the sight. What I realized though, was that I need to work on my trigger control. I've spent nearly my entire handgun shooting life, shooting at normal combat ranges of 7 to 15 yds., and at faster, less deliberate accuracy rates of fire. Now that I want to increase my longer range precision, I'm going to have to slow down and mentally think about that trigger control. I'm thinking about loading a single round at a time in the magazine may help with this.

I like the Ultradot and I'm looking forward to working with it. And I will definately pick up some spare batteries because as some of you mentioned, it is real easy to leave the sight on.

Y

SShearer

Post by SShearer » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:38 am

One of the things I noticed when I first used one, I found it easier to call my shots.

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:51 am

Yes, I noticed that as well. Certainly lets you know when you've screwed up.