BoMar sight on Mk II

A section to discuss marksmanship issues: techniques, equipment, experiences, etc.

Also, a place to ask marksmanship related questions to seek information from the vast knowledge base of this forum's membership.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hardball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

BoMar sight on Mk II

Post by Hardball » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:04 am

I have just completed installing a BoMar rear sight on my Lipsey MkII. The sight picture is miles better than the original sight.

It's not a drop in change. I had to mill the receiver some to clear the bottom of the sight piece. Also shorten the bolt stop for the same reason. Note: File a new slope on the front edge of the bolt stop for the recoil spring rod to ride up when assembling. Cold blue dressed it up when done.

The sights dovetail had to be reduced a little to fit the receiver. Finally I chose to use a full length 5-40 set screw for locking the dovetail. A 5-40x1/4 had to be shortened for this.

Another item done to the MkII is fit a Brownells 3/8" 22 rail mount on the original tapped holes. All my 22's can use Leupold 22 rings for the Ultradots.

And last, the trigger was improved greatly by a top BE Pistolsmith.

Only thing left to do is try lowering the mags per Bullseye's plans. There have been occasional trapped cases. I will number my mags and see if that gives me any clues.

10's & X's

Big bbs

Post by Big bbs » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:59 pm

YOU OUGHT TO TRY AND FILE DOWN THE REAR MAG LIPS AT THE LEADIN EDGE, BULLSEYE RECOMMENDED DOIN FRONT AND REAR BUT I GOT TO LOOKIN AND THE REAR ONES WERE THE ONLY ONE'S IN THE WAY THAT WAY YOUR MAGS NOT PROTRUDING OUT THE BOTTOM

Big bbs

Post by Big bbs » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:16 pm

USED TO HAVE STOVEPIPES ALL THE TIME. NOT ONE SINCE!!!!!!!!! HE'S GOT THE DETAILED MOD SOMEWHERE IN HERE, I'VE WORKED ON THIS PISTOL ALOT (MAG SAFE ELIMINATOR BUSHING, 2-3LB. TRIGGER, MAG MOD, MARBLE FRONT AND REAR RIFLE SIGHTS(FOR RUGER)PRETRAVEL AND OVER TRAVEL SCREWS). SWEET SHOOTIN PISTOL STILL TRYIN TO FIGURE OUT WHICH AMMO WORKS THE BEST....THUNDERBOLT AND SIDWINDER WORK PRETTY GOOD 40GR. TRYIN TO FIGURE OUT WHERE TO GET A REAR PEEP THAT WILL WORK