Accuracy/precision

A section to discuss marksmanship issues: techniques, equipment, experiences, etc.

Also, a place to ask marksmanship related questions to seek information from the vast knowledge base of this forum's membership.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Accuracy/precision

Post by greener » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Found this on the Taurus site. Although I think he confuses accuracy (hitting the target) with precision (tight groups), I think I agree with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVzSAm5V ... r_embedded

Well actually I have one other disagreement. The Ed Brown 1911 just has to be more accurate than the Glock. :lol:

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:58 pm

He puts out some good video reviews.... i'm jealous of the range setup he has that would be a good time shooting there
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:22 am

I like that he changed the term "accuracy" to "practical accuracy" it makes sense that accuracy can only be measured in terms of small groups taking out all variables you can, while practical accuracy means hits on your intended target.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:52 am

All of my guns are extremely accurate but they do experience serious operator problems. All of my guns shoot better than I do any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Hickock45 vid

Post by Coach1 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:53 am

I have watched many of his Youtube videos and have valued many of his practical reports / reviews .. and learned from what are essentially instruction or training sessions. He clearly favors Glocks but gives a fair shake to other handgun brands. I am amazed how well he shoots off-hand and at distances I can only dream about. His message here is a little overcooked.. but right on point. I think a hidden message is.. consider the price point between an Ed Brown and a Glock 21. The G21 with night sights MSRP is $600.00. The Ed Brown Kobra Carry MSRP is $2500. With practice, both with provide adequate self defense.
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:51 pm

I have enjoyed watching many of hickok45's youtube videos. I like that he spends a bit of time shooting the pistols, and even sometimes field strips them and does closeups of the internals. I also feel like his video reviews are less of a brand plug than many other people.

I basically agree with Hickok's sentiment. When people see notice my groups at a public shooting range and ogle at equipment I am using, I always tell them at the distances I am shooting at, gear is basically irrelevant as long as one is confident with the firearm you are using. However, once one starts going past 25 yards, even shooters that are very proficient with their snubby revolver will have their groups open up significantly, or start missing steel on "good" shots.

arizona-hermit
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by arizona-hermit » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:25 pm

I think I will look into real estate near him. His range is truly magnificent.
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain. [1 COR 15:10a - NASB]