Balance

A section to discuss marksmanship issues: techniques, equipment, experiences, etc.

Also, a place to ask marksmanship related questions to seek information from the vast knowledge base of this forum's membership.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

mark II
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Balance

Post by mark II » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:30 am

Have a question for you BE shooters. How important do you think the balance of a gun in your hand is. Let me give you some background. My gun is nose heavy and know that would be a plus for recoil but this is a 22. Also being nose heavy it might help steady the gun but maybe because it's nose heavy it causes more movement. My thinking is it should just sit in your hand and if you relax your grip it shouldn't fall forward. I'm not talking while shooting, just holding the gun. Also I'm not talking about being upper body weak.
Thanks,
Mark II

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:22 pm

<shrug>
I like the balance on my mkIII 5.5" bull barrel model - it feels extremely steady in my hand and the gun points where I think I'm pointing.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:47 pm

Nose heavy isn't bad but excessively nose heavy isn't good. It all depends on comfort for the shooter. If you don't believe you'll shoot well with it then you won't.

R,
Bullseye

Hardball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hardball » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:30 am

Different grip styles can help adapt to balance issues.