Grips

A section to discuss marksmanship issues: techniques, equipment, experiences, etc.

Also, a place to ask marksmanship related questions to seek information from the vast knowledge base of this forum's membership.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

mark II
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Grips

Post by mark II » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:41 pm

So I decided to bite the bullet and bought a new 41 with the 7 inch barrel. I'm not as constant as I want to be with my Ruger. Anyways lets talk about grips. The grips that came with the gun are a little large. I have shot 41's with Rinks on them which are nice. I shot a 41 with Nill's on it and that from what I can remember felt really good. I'm also interested in the CNN adapter. What is everyones view..... slabs over Nills and Rink??????

mark II
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by mark II » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:42 pm

ps Thanks Stork for the link to Ed Hall.

Hardball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hardball » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:01 am

It all depends on the volume or girth of the grip. Both Nill and Rink have run a little big in the diameter for the hand. The "broom handle diameter" so to speak. My hand is wide, short, and meaty. Very hard to find a grip I like. So I stay mostly with standard grips. I have invested a ton of $$$ in Nill, Rink, and Morini. Oh! and Fung and Horton. Fung grips for the revolver have been quite good. The Horton for HS Military is way too big in volume.

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by stork » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:00 am

mark II wrote:ps Thanks Stork for the link to Ed Hall.
Glad you found him interesting. There's so much really great information out there "If you know where to find it!"

Unfortunately, there's 10 times as much that is just either wrong or even dangerous.

Stork
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington