Post April scores here

The place to post targets and info for the GTOL .22 Postal League.

Moderators: Bullseye, perazzi, Moderators

Pete D.
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post April scores here

Post by Pete D. » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:57 am

Finally managed one out of the 270's. Maybe if I would stop screwing up the sustained fire stages, I'd get somewhere;
SF - 94
TF - 94 3x
RF - 92 1x

NMC - 280 4x

Ruger Mk.II, JPoint reflex, CCI SV .22LR ammo.
Pete
"Only hunting and mountain climbing are sports. The rest are just games." - R.Ruark

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:57 am

Nice score! Looks like there's some room for improvement in the rapid fire string. Once you get totally comfortable with your recovery sequence you'll find your rapid scores will rise drastically.

R,
Bullseye

piasashooter
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by piasashooter » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:20 am

RUGER MKIII, ultradot, cci blazer

sf 83

tf 93-4

rf 99-4

nmc 275-8

Pete, that's a great slow fire, I could have used one like that. For me slow fire is by far the hardest. For some reason for me I almost always shoot rapid fire the best, even though I have been shooting my timed fire in ten seconds also. I shot a fellow shooters High Standard the other night, the trigger on his gun felt so much better than my Ruger. My ruger has a decent 2lb trigger, but the High Standard shot great for me, I might need to invest in a new gun:)

Pete D.
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

guns

Post by Pete D. » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:14 am

Plaza: I could have used your Rapid score.
Very interesting that you should feel that way about the Ruger and the High Standard. I have both. No doubt that the H-S trigger is superior or that the H-Ss, in general, are "finer" guns. Most of these matches have had me shooting my Victor. This last match, however, was my old Ruger. Go figure.
In fact, my best SFs over the years have been shot with the Ruger; my best NMC totals with the H-S.
Irony.

Pete

PS - If you do buy a H-S. buy a "Hamden" factory gun.
"Only hunting and mountain climbing are sports. The rest are just games." - R.Ruark

piasashooter
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by piasashooter » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:27 am

I have been told to only buy a Hamden gun, but they seem hard to find, might have to ask around at my local club.

Gunshine

Post by Gunshine » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Ok guys, a beginner here. I've been shooting my Ruger KMKIII512SS since March 7 and shot my first pistol shortly before that. I have been shooting Silhouette targets at 21 feet two-handed until today. This was the first time I ever shot one handed. Here are my results . . .

SF 34 0x
RF 56 0x
TF 68 1x
Total 158 1x

My Ruger is completely stock with iron sights, indoors, B-2 reduced target and B-3 reduced target at 21 feet with Federal bulk ammo. This challenge was great fun and I look forward to improving my scores with practice.

Thank you for introducing me to this new challenge.

Gunshine

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:16 am

I see a score of one who's on his way to learning the game of conventional pistol shooting. It takes some practice to learn the basics of one-handed shooting. A good reference for beginners is the USAMU pistol marksmanship guide. You can read a version of it here at http://www.bullseyepistol.com/amucover.htm

Keep on shooting!

R,
Bullseye

Gunshine

Post by Gunshine » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Went to the indoor range and shot b2 and b3 50 foot targets with stock Ruger KMKIII512S, Iron Sights. Federal Bulk Ammo. I didn't have any 21ft targets with me.

SF 52
TF 73
RF 57
total 182 no x

Improved from last week. Not sure if improvement is because the 50 foot target or more experience (done this three times now). I felt more comfortable shooting the 21 foot targets because that is the range I always practice from. Will go back to the 21ft target next week.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:03 pm

I sometimes like to use the larger targets to help boost a competitors confidence. Once a shooter feels that they can successfully hit the target then we move to the more correctly sized one. Sometimes it just takes a little confidence lift to get a new shooter in a groove fundamentally. Turning a target around backwards and having them aim for the center is another good method. Afterwards we turn the target back around and then they can see how well they would have hammered the center when that pesky "black ball" isn't messing with their concentration.

Keep practicing, you are getting better. It takes time and great patience. Often you elevate your scores in stages.

R,
Bullseye

Gunshine

Post by Gunshine » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:16 am

Bullseye, I was shooting the 50 foot target at 50 feet. It felt like a long way out there because I always shoot at 21 feet. I felt I shot better with the smaller targets at 21 feet, but my score did improve at 50 feet with the larger target. My 21 foot targets have six targets on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper so even if I miss the target, I can see where the shot hit. The 50 foot target only has one. I also shot in two groups of 5 shots and found I did better on the second 5 shots after seeing where the first 5 hit.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:50 pm

I see, well it sounds like you're coming along with your techniques.

R,
Bullseye

piasashooter
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by piasashooter » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Ruger MKIII, CCi Blazer, 50' indoor, I shot these targets with iron sights, I had my scope off to replace a stripped ring, but the cheap scope rings I bought were garbage, so I figured I would give the iron sights a try. I used iron sights back when I first started shooting Bullseye, that was about 3 years ago, shooting irons proved to be a much greater challenge for me.

SF-82

TF-92-1x

RF-88-2x

NMC-262-3x