H335

The place to discuss reloading techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

H335

Post by greener » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:15 pm

I bought some H335 among the .223 reloading stuff last fall and finally got around toreloading 55gr bullets. At 50 yards 24.5 gr loads seem to do slightly better than 25gr. Both were better than 23.8gr. I shot better groups with my reloads than I did with PMC Brass rounds.

I tried to set up the Lee Pro autodisk for feeding the powder and I couldn't get the weight I wanted and had problems loosing some powder onto the shell plate, and into to the primer feed. I followed bgreene's advice and used a Lee Perfect Powder measure and gave up on the progressive press doing all the steps. I'm not how much of the progressive press problems were equipment, powder or operator.

I shoot off a Caldwell sandbag rest, so operator error gets to play a role in groups. H335 seemed to work satisfactorily.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:30 pm

Is H335 the same as Varget?

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:03 am

H335 is different than varget... I've had really good luck with varget and have not tried H335.

Maybe I'm odd, but I like the old singgle stage better than a progressive for rifle loads.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:00 am

My bud uses Varget with Hornady 55 XTP bullets,I us Accurate #2230 with Varmint nightmare 55 grain bullet ad we have tried switching bullets with our same powder load and we do no get the same accuracy,
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:03 am

bgreenea3 wrote:H335 is different than varget... I've had really good luck with varget and have not tried H335.

Maybe I'm odd, but I like the old singgle stage better than a progressive for rifle loads.
Your a punk kid yet little Greener. the Big Greener is old and I am older yet.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:40 am

That's all I have, bgreener, is a single stage press (RCBS Rockchucker Supreme), and I especially like it for loading rifle rounds. I load everything with it and have thought of getting a progressive? but am satisfied with the single.
Haka