Moved my reloading bench

The place to discuss reloading techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Moved my reloading bench

Post by charlesb » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:58 pm

Today I officially moved my reloading bench out of my shop, and into the house. I was needing more floor space in the shop, and decided to move the bench a few weeks ago.

At my age, I have my good days and my bad days... Today must have been a good one as I got started on the project early this morning, long before my son was awake to give me a hand. By the time he was awake, I had all of the stuff off of the table and into a few boxes, so the table was ready to move.

In the new location I fancied it up a little, giving it a dedicated ultrabook computer for looking up loads, ordering components, watching NetFlix, etc.. On the computer I set up a text file to record loads and results in. - We are computer nuts over here. Every member of the family has at least three computers, I have five.

- Then I broke in the new loading setup by loading twenty rounds of .223 for my coyote rifle.

Whew!

Click image to see it larger

You may ask yourself, "I wonder what the wine glass is for?"

That wine glass is an important piece of reloading equipment... I put powder in the wine glass and in the powder trickler when loading. Powder is scooped out of the wine glass with a Lee powder dipper, then the trickler is used to dial in the load to the exact weight required. - I weigh each load separately after doing case preparation, as I want to give my rifles every opportunity to shoot accurately if they can.

Anyway, now that I have the reloading bench out of my shop, now maybe I can get my milling machine shoe-horned in there. - I've been getting by with a drill-press and really miss my mill.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Re: Moved my reloading bench

Post by Bullseye » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:32 am

If your shop is that tight on space, I hope you have enough room for the table to swing on the saddle.

R.
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:23 am

It would take 4 persons to move my reloading bench. I can not even pickup one end of my bench. I ended up building it in place knowing I could not move it once the top was on. When I need to move it, I have to put a floor jack under it. Makes a good solid bench, no flex in this one. I need to post up some picture of my new shop. I did something special on the lighting.

I'm surprised you have got along this long without an end mill. I really miss mine even though it was a cheapie. I have plans to get a knee bend end mill and small lathe this year.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:13 pm

It is pretty tight in my shop, getting the reloading bench out of there should give me enough room for my milling machine - but not for my lathe, or any of the welding equipment.

I'll have to modify my garage, or put up a metal building for that.