BGD (Black gun disease) strikes!

The place to discuss AR style or other tactical rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

SKnight
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

BGD (Black gun disease) strikes!

Post by SKnight » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:58 pm

Tomorrow AM I'm picking up my first AR-15. I was at a store making a sales call when my laptop wigged out. I called my buddy who happens to be an IT director, and during the attempted fix we got talking about AR-15 lowers and how I should build one before the ban blah blah blah.

I get off the phone and the manager of the store asks about what he overheard. Yeah I want to build one, etc. He said "I have a Rock River M4 at the house I'd sell." Here come the dollar signs, anyone here probably knows the going rate is currently about $1400.

Four mags, collapseable stock, case, three years old, 400 rounds included. $900.

SOLD! I'm going to his house tomorrow to get it, then make a few sales calls, and then to the range! I'm totally stoked!
If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics need work.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: BGD (Black gun disease) strikes!

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:19 am

SKnight wrote:Tomorrow AM I'm picking up my first AR-15. I was at a store making a sales call when my laptop wigged out. I called my buddy who happens to be an IT director, and during the attempted fix we got talking about AR-15 lowers and how I should build one before the ban blah blah blah.

I get off the phone and the manager of the store asks about what he overheard. Yeah I want to build one, etc. He said "I have a Rock River M4 at the house I'd sell." Here come the dollar signs, anyone here probably knows the going rate is currently about $1400.

Four mags, collapseable stock, case, three years old, 400 rounds included. $900.

SOLD! I'm going to his house tomorrow to get it, then make a few sales calls, and then to the range! I'm totally stoked!
I would put the sales calls off until afternoon or maybe even Monday and head for the range, unless the Big Guy is watching.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

SKnight
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by SKnight » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:01 pm

I was a good boy, picked up my new toy today, made my sales calls, went to pick stepson up from school and head to the range.

His teacher wants to speak with me. Seems the boy has been falling back on our deal, and didn't do an assignment that should have been gravy. Not everyday you get to take a test home and do half, he forgot to bring it home.

He gets to finish it, so he's in there doing his work while I have a nice pretty new toy I can't play with. This parent thing sucks sometimes.

I'll shoot it Sunday. I can wait. I also live in the county, in case I can't.
If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics need work.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:29 pm

SKnight wrote:I was a good boy, picked up my new toy today, made my sales calls, went to pick stepson up from school and head to the range.

His teacher wants to speak with me. Seems the boy has been falling back on our deal, and didn't do an assignment that should have been gravy. Not everyday you get to take a test home and do half, he forgot to bring it home.

He gets to finish it, so he's in there doing his work while I have a nice pretty new toy I can't play with. This parent thing sucks sometimes.

I'll shoot it Sunday. I can wait. I also live in the county, in case I can't.
Been there and done that, priorities have to be reassigned at times. Such are the coats of parenting. My youngest will be 45 in June, damn, time sure does fly. Picked up Henry and took him out to play a while at noon. Gun works just fine, the operator need some work.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.