Question about picatinny rails

The place to discuss AR style or other tactical rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Matt_S

Question about picatinny rails

Post by Matt_S » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:46 am

Yesterday I bought a Colt M4 .22lr Ops. I can't wait to take it to the range! My question is about the picatinny rails. How do I take the covers off of them? I don't want to break the clips.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:40 am

This is a new firearm offering from Colt. I found this to help you with the rail covers:

"On the M4 Ops and M16 SPR models, How do the rail covers come off?

Push down hard on the steel spring clip and slide the cover forward at the same time."

I found it here http://www.colt22rimfire.com/index.php?page=faqs

Apparently you're not the only one with this question.

I hope you enjoy your new rimfire rifle. Give us a range report later after you've had it a while.

R,
Bullseye

Matt_S

Post by Matt_S » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:52 am

Thanks Bullseye! I found the same thing after I had posted. I look forward to putting a few rounds through it soon.

Hi Ball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hi Ball » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:24 pm

I have never delt witlh those picanny rails but after firing my FAL .308 the other day, it is imperative that I get one of those rails in order to mount a Leupold scope on top, so as to be able to shoot those nice groups at the range.

I used to be able to shoot 3 inch groups with my M1-Garand and M-14 from the bench or prone, using the iron sights but not anymore, guess the eyes have seen there better days for sure. My wife said "You used to do a lot of things but not anymore" thanks dear! :shock: :roll: :oops: