My new LMT shoots very well....

The place to discuss AR style or other tactical rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:45 am

Hakaman. it's a carbin/16" barrel. I very much like the LMT stock, that's what attracted me to the rifle and is in my opinion the best adjustable stock in the market. No slop on it whatsoever, play with one and you'll immediately feel what I'm talking about.

Had it in my mind to build out of some sort of hardwood a stand for the AR but never got around to it, thank you for reminding me guys!

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:59 am

That looks pretty nice for an AR cleaning stand. Is it made out of Delrin?
When I ordered mine, I asked the guy this very question.
These stands are made of "HDPE", High Density Polyethylene, sometimes referred to as "cutting board".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-density_polyethylene
The fellow told me they sell them all around the world, and have sold many to the troops in Afghanistan.
The vise block that the magazine well fits onto is welded on with the same HDPE,
and is also secured with a mounted screw. He also stated they have a lifetime warranty,
so it is difficult to imagine that this would not be a good buy.
Haka
Last edited by Hakaman on Sat May 01, 2010 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:03 pm

gcp wrote:Hakaman. it's a carbin/16" barrel. I very much like the LMT stock, that's what attracted me to the rifle and is in my opinion the best adjustable stock in the market. No slop on it whatsoever, play with one and you'll immediately feel what I'm talking about.
I will keep LMT in mind because I would like to build one this upcoming winter. I think it will either be a carbine or rifle length version.
Thanks, good luck, and be safe,
Hakaman

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:10 pm

Delrin is actually a brand name and HDPE (i.e. cutting board material) is a pretty close substitute. I think the price is right for what you're getting.

R,
Bullseye

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Sat May 01, 2010 4:33 pm

Guys, for whatever it's worth, I talked to the Hornady tech on Friday and it seems that with the A-Maxs one must shoot them single shot, if one is to shoot them through an AR15. It also appears that @ my 150 yard range they will do me absolutely no good, even through my 1 in 7 twist LMT barrel. He said that at 150 yards the heavy bullet has not completed its stabilization process so it's back to square one for me. I'll try the 69gr today, if the rain lets up, and report back but the tech's opinion is that 55s or 62s will perform best.

And now for the fun side of my post, I know that some of you will think that this is a bit on the tuty-fruity side but hey the beach umbrella's functional for both the sun and the rain so don’t rag me much ok?

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Sat May 01, 2010 6:33 pm

As long as we never see a picture of you in speedos, we will overlook the beach umbrella.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sat May 01, 2010 6:39 pm

Hey, that looks like a nice set up. The seats are even padded. Is that within walking distance of the back door?
Haka

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Sat May 01, 2010 9:46 pm

Today my wife took a picture of me shooting in my speedos but she didn't want to share with the rest of you fearing potential competition :lol: :lol:

Yes, it is a max of 20 ft from my back door so it's easy enough to move my stuff to the bench. That's the advantage of having a weekend place in the country I guess.

My 69gr reloads didn't do much better than the Fiocchis so it's back to the reloading bench for me, NOT in my speedos.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun May 02, 2010 8:21 am

Add a barbecue pit nearby and you've got the perfect patio setup. :D

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sun May 02, 2010 9:34 am

Theirs nothing wrong for trying to be comfortable. I just hopes he has it fastened down good. A good gust of wind may launch it.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Sun May 02, 2010 8:39 pm

The pole the umbrella is slipped into is fastened to the bench via a hose clamp, as well as being a foot into the ground so it'll take a tornado to rip that baby off.

Just finished building a AR15 cleaning stand with barrel support, made it out of wood but I'm on travel next week so I'll have to repaint and take pictures to share next weekend. Turned out decent enough and it didn't cost a dime cause it was made out of scraps. I love it when things work out!

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Thu May 06, 2010 5:59 am

Actually I was pondering on how to turn the shooting bench into a picnic table.....

Last night I came across this company. Their product is of interest to me as I had a case separation in my 6.5x55 last week (probably tired case) but I would like to know if any of you have used it before I purchase.

http://www.larrywillis.com/

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Sun May 09, 2010 8:18 am

This is more like it!

Targets of my LMT AR-15 with a X2 fixed Canadian sniper's scope at 150 yards using 55gr FMJ Fiocchis. Obviously likes the light loads but I've got to now develop some heavier hunting loads (> 62gr).

The celaning platform I built proved to be very handy after the shoot

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

For my LMT carbine

Post by gcp » Sat May 15, 2010 8:50 am

Has anyone around here had personal experience with this Leatherwood CMR 1-4x24mm scope? Now that I know my rifle is accurate I am thinking about purchasing one of these because I need the 4X for mid range but also a red dot for the dark.

Here's a link but don't know if this reviewer represents the company, he seems quite sold on the product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLt1v...w8&feature=sub

Tbag
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tbag » Sat May 15, 2010 10:06 am

Recently traded out for a Busnell Trophy 1-4x28 30mm which has a single 1 moa red dot. Really impressed with it considering the cost, I'd buy another one. The 1x really seems to be very close to a true 1x too of which most lower end scopes are not.

I'd up against the Millet DMS and the Leatherwood any day of the week. Likely they are all made in the same chinese factory.

Not trying to sway you, just giving you a cheaper option with a lifetime warranty.