Info on Colt Sporter Competition H-Bar

The place to discuss AR style or other tactical rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

walipro1

Info on Colt Sporter Competition H-Bar

Post by walipro1 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:31 am

Any one. Have a Colt Competition H-Bar I wanted to put a new trigger in. It has a sear block. Will this stop me. Do I even want to mess with it or leave it alone. The Serial # is 004781. I think I might have a limited edition gun. Can any one tell me for sure. I called Colt and talked to them on the phone. They asked for the Serial # and they said it is a military gun and they would have to go through the archives. I think the gun is model R6701 ???????????? Does any one had an email address for Colt were I can get any info.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:44 pm

The key to trigger replacement is the Firing Control Group pin dimensions. .154" dia. is the small-pin firing control group, and the .170" dia. is a large-pin. The smaller diameter pins are pre-ban and the larger sizes are post-ban.

R,
Bullseye

walipro1

Post by walipro1 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:49 am

I have a Colt R 6700. Called the good people at Colt and they helped me out. So no special limited edition run, just a dam Good gun. It's longer and heavier than the new ones, but I love it. wouldn't trade it for any thing.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:00 am

I didn't think it was a special run but I didn't have enough information on hand to make that call for your original question.

Not many folks opted for the flat-tops when these riles were first coming out to the civilian market. The DCM/CMP was still trying to encourage folks to use the AR in competition way back then as M-1A/14's ruled the line. So they made several rules changes based on information provided by the ASAMU and the USMC teams to bring the AR out into the Service Rifle competition. One was allowing the A3 with a attachable carry handle in competition and the other was allowing free float tube modifications in the service rifle category. After that the AR's began to dominate the competition and as a result brought many more folks out into the competition, including more women due to the decreased recoil of the AR platform. Now days, it is pretty rare to see any .30 cal rifles out on the line against the AR's.

R,
Bullseye