AR-15 trigger work

The place to discuss AR style or other tactical rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

boomer47
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

AR-15 trigger work

Post by boomer47 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:51 pm

I bought a Rock River Arms National Match AR-15 a couple of months ago that has the RRA two stage trigger.
Trigger pull was 5.5lbs out of the box. Being new to the AR, looking at the cost of parts, and figuring that I would screw up at least one hammer and trigger, I started looking for someone to lighten the pull.
I found a guy on the AR-15.com forum by the name of Bill Springfield whose work was highly touted.
After a couple of e-mails back and forth about what I wanted, I mailed the trigger, hammer, springs and safety switch to him.
Took 6 days from sending to receiving the parts. Cost $32.00 with return postage included.
Got the parts installed and and now have a 26oz. pull with no creep and no overtravel. I don't have a clue as to what he did other than put a slight bend in the hammer spring but it is a sweet trigger now.
Passes all the "bump tests" and safety on, pull trigger, safety off tests.
I can't make the hammer fall without pulling the trigger.
Anyone interested, I'll post his e-mail address.

Tbag
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tbag » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:16 pm

One never knows when someone else may be looking for that kind of help.

Blindpig

Post by Blindpig » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:34 am

Boomer, I've seen Springfield's trigger work praised on AR1.com also. Your comments confirm to me that he does good work. My S&W MP15 is strictly set up for home defense so I prefer the heavier trigger pull that it came with but obviously you're looking at doing some serious target shooting here. Post some pics of your targets after this trigger job so we can see how you do with it.

boomer47
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by boomer47 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:59 pm

Blindpig,
It's been way too hot here lately to get out to an open range. Hard to get much trigger time in with sweat running down into your eyes all the time.
The AR is all tweaked out and I'm just waiting on some decent weather to get some bullets down range.

Blindpig

Post by Blindpig » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:53 am

boomer47 wrote:Blindpig,
It's been way too hot here lately to get out to an open range. Hard to get much trigger time in with sweat running down into your eyes all the time.
The AR is all tweaked out and I'm just waiting on some decent weather to get some bullets down range.
Boy,can I understand that! Its been the same way here in Tulsa. Our club is down in a little bit of a hollow surrounded by big trees that tend to block what little wind we have in the middle of the summer and it gets hot out there! I can't wait for fall!