Zero Change

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

SShearer

Zero Change

Post by SShearer » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:27 pm

I was talking with some friends at the range the other day and the subject of adjusting sites came up. I said that I prefered ajustable sites because your zero can change. And I noticed some suprised looks. So my question is, other than ammo, distance, stance, grip, sun position, what other things can change your zero? Thanks.

Steve

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:34 pm

You've pretty much covered it for handguns. Getting confused stares at that question probably means you don't have a whole bunch of precision bullseye shooters at your range.

R,
Bullseye

SShearer

Post by SShearer » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:53 pm

Yea, I've been going there about 4 months now. I got the same kind of look when I asked them if they had turning targets. They really like my shooting box though.

Steve

greener

Post by greener » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:09 am

Add powder (bullet) temperature to the list. Unless you leave the cartridge in the chamber long enough to come to equilibrium with the barrel temperature you are going to get different performance on colder days and warmer days.

The sights can get slightly out of adjustment from recoil or just normal storage and handling. A little bump or push can make a change.

Hi Ball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hi Ball » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:46 pm

SS...........Bullet weight can and does affect zero along with distance to the target etc. :wink: