Desert Warrior

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:00 am

Well, I never did get the Desert Warrier (fine piece of machinery), but I have been enjoying the PT1911. Right now, it is my fav carry gun. The 45acp has great stopping power, and with my new "inside the belt" holster, it isn't much of a burden carrying. During my 7 hours of range duty the other day, I was carrying the whole time. Up and down, sitting/standing/walking, it really wasn't a bother at all. I bought this holster from desantis:
http://www.lapolicegear.com/desantis-in ... lster.html
For the summer time, it conceals quite well.
Well, no "desert warrier", but I couldn't pass up the deal for the "PT1911".
Haka

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:39 am

Hakaman, as long as it is .45ACP, I prefer a sligjtly smaller pistol. Eithe an SA Micro or a V-10 or more. Always one and sometimes a .380 backup also.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:26 pm

Hakaman, a nice looking holster. Does it have metal in it to keep the holster holster open?

I have been using a MTAC type holster that I made for my Sig229. I like the fact that you can tighten the belt with out increasing pressure on the gun. Mine is lined and has a sweat barrier on the leather contacting your body. The only negative is that is larger due to the wings for the clips, but it does spread out the load on the belt.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Hi Ball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hi Ball » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:25 am

Hakaman were are YOU??? Well, the simple thing to do is find out which one you shoot the most accurately......chances are it will be the 9mm Luger caliber because it takes some practice to be able to handle the 1911 in 45acp.

You can get the 1911 model later in 45acp and have the best of both worlds. Ammo for the 9mm is much cheaper no doubt. Kimber is top shelf but there are other very good 1911 models out there too. One being the Springfields ok.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:57 pm

Hakaman wrote:Well, I never did get the Desert Warrier (fine piece of machinery), but I have been enjoying the PT1911. Right now, it is my fav carry gun. The 45acp has great stopping power, and with my new "inside the belt" holster, it isn't much of a burden carrying. During my 7 hours of range duty the other day, I was carrying the whole time. Up and down, sitting/standing/walking, it really wasn't a bother at all. I bought this holster from desantis:
http://www.lapolicegear.com/desantis-in ... lster.html
For the summer time, it conceals quite well.
Well, no "desert warrier", but I couldn't pass up the deal for the "PT1911".
Haka
Good looking holster. Need to review my holster-handgun collection and this looks like a good holster to have.

The Desert Warrior is probably a better pistol, but the PT1911 seems to go bang when you pull the trigger and puts rounds downrange pretty accurately. I don't think you made a bad choice.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:04 pm

Hakaman, a nice looking holster. Does it have metal in it to keep the holster holster open?
Hakaman were are YOU??? Well, the simple thing to do is find out which one you shoot the most accurately......chances are it will be the 9mm Luger caliber because it takes some practice to be able to handle the 1911 in 45acp.
Good looking holster. Need to review my holster-handgun collection and this looks like a good holster to have.
The Desert Warrior is probably a better pistol, but the PT1911 seems to go bang when you pull the trigger and puts rounds downrange pretty accurately. I don't think you made a bad choice.
Sorry for the late reply. The holster does not have metal in it, and will collapse somewhat when I draw it out, but that is an advantage in other ways as well. It draws very easily. It doesn't get to bulky and forms to my body easier. I have seen individuals witha totally collapsable inside the belt(pant) holster who bought it just for that reason. It's more comfy on my "tender skin".
I shoot the PT1911 most accurately, w/o a doubt. It is amazing how a gun that is a century old "out-does" most, if not all, guns today, in comfort and accuracy. The 45acp is very manageable to me in terms of recoil.
The "Desert Warrier" is probably the better 1911, but I would have had to pay 3 times the money to get it. I paid $400 for the Taurus, the DW costs $1242.00 at ProGuns. My Taurus even eats up my own SWCHP's that I reload, if you can believe it.
Thanks, Haka

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:25 pm

Ok, this is my reason for resurrecting the "Desert Warrior" post. Although I never bought this particular Kimber 1911, I did by a Taurus PT1911. With that connection, (Desert Warrier-Taurus 1911-Judge) I shot somebody else's Taurus the other day, a "Taurus Judge". That is really a unique revolver, 45 Colt/ .410 shot shell. Talk about versatile, and neat. I bet the shot shell would do some serious damage to those worthy of being on the receiving end of it. One could call it "Judgement Day".
haka

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:19 pm

Always one and sometimes a .380 backup also.
Speaking of .380 ammo, my club just got a load of it in. It looks like remanufactured ammo. I am surprised to see .380, it was extinct a few month ago (unless you took out a loan)
H