Firestorm Compact .45

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Geezer

Firestorm Compact .45

Post by Geezer » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:41 pm

I have the opportunity of taking one of these in on a trade but I don't know too much about it. It is not a Bersa and looks like a compact 1911, Commander size. Would this be the Firestorm that replaced the Llama? Does anyone know if any standard 1911 parts will interchange? Magazines? I have done some research and can't find out a whole lot. Can anyone offer any help? I can get it pretty cheap.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: Firestorm Compact .45

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:48 pm

Geezer wrote:I have the opportunity of taking one of these in on a trade but I don't know too much about it. It is not a Bersa and looks like a compact 1911, Commander size. Would this be the Firestorm that replaced the Llama? Does anyone know if any standard 1911 parts will interchange? Magazines? I have done some research and can't find out a whole lot. Can anyone offer any help? I can get it pretty cheap.
If you can get it pretty cheap, that may be just what it is worth. There is usually a reson for the price.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:13 pm

Are we talking about the Firestar pistol made by Star Arms of Spain? http://www.star-firearms.com/firearms/g ... ndex.shtml

R,
Bullseye

Geezer

Post by Geezer » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:22 pm

No, this one is a compact 1911. It looks like a Colt Commander. I gave it quick once over and it looked pretty good. I cannot remember if it was Spanish made like the Llama or Philippines like the RIA, High Standard, and many other 1911's nowadays. I will get a chance to go over it some more in a day or two. I'm thinking if it's Spanish made, I'll walk away.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:49 pm

Currently the Firestorm name has been picked up by a company (Metro Arms Corporation) in the Philippines, but they only make full sized 1911 clones. Another Philippine company (RIA) is making a compact 45 version. If it is an older Llama 45 compact then I'd stay away from it, these had lots of quality issues. There were some parts interchangeability but all parts still have to be hand fitted to these pistols due to the varying tolerances of the production line.

R,
Bullseye

Geezer

Post by Geezer » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:43 pm

I can't remember who took over Llama but if it's Spanish made, I'll leave it on the table. I do remember that it had "Firestorm" on the slide. I just need to look it over again. Kinda like you said, all my research turns up is a full size 1911 Firestorm.

Geezer

Post by Geezer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:47 am

It was a Llama clone. I left it alone. Probably worth $150, though.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:51 am

I think that was a good decision, sometimes you just have to walk away. There will be other deals, you just have to wait for them to come along.

R,
Bullseye