New Vaquero

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:20 am

Johnfox, so far I've experienced POA is close to POI with 200gr LRN and 8 gr of Titegroup. Still a little low but much closer...

John fox
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by John fox » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:27 am

gcp wrote:Johnfox, so far I've experienced POA is close to POI with 200gr LRN and 8 gr of Titegroup. Still a little low but much closer...
I might mention that POI will go higher with a heavier bullet.
NRA Endowment Member

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:08 am

You are right john fox, these pistols were designed to shoot 250gr bullets I just happen to have a couple of thousand 200grn LRN for my 45 ASPs that's why I'm using them.

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:43 pm

Well, I went to visit my buddy today (the one who sold me my Vaquero/holster) and I had a surprise waiting for me. Another holster just like the one he originally sold me, only this is not a cross draw. Plus an Alpine spotting scope. He told me he wasn't using them any more so he felt they should go home with me. He added "life's too short to worry about money, and to not be generous to the people you love". I was speechless!!

So, now I've gotta figure out what it is that would put a smile on his face so I can get it for him. Maybe one of my refinished K31s he always coveted? I must say it's a great feeling to know you have good friends!

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:25 am

Here's a pic of the new holster but since I can't fit a square peg in a round hole it looks like I'll have to buy a little 22 Ruger revolver to complement my 45 :D
Last edited by gcp on Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:14 am

Or maybe another Vzquero and a lever rifle and a shotgun and some clothes and boots and a hat and get into Cowboy Action Shooting. Sound like fun but not cheap. :D :D
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:56 pm

Or I can slip my new 22 SA Ruger into the holster :D :D

Of course it needs tuning, and a bit of polishing to keep up with his bigger brother Mr.45 but that's only a matter of time. A set of Wolf springs, and a bit of rubbing ought to do the trick. Drove by my buddy's place and shouted as I walked in "You did this to me" while waiving the 22. He and his wife were on their knees in laughter.....

But this was another good deal from my local gun store I couldn't pass up. $350 out the door.

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:31 pm

Gang, here's another Vaquero I purchased from the same friend today to keep his/my first Vaquero company

But this one is a bit different, came with the Ruger synthetic grips on it and in a red box. Wish they were real ivory but they're not, they are micarta

Lets see how it'll shoot this weekend...