Crimson Trace Laser Sights

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hi Ball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hi Ball » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:01 pm

Now for all those who purchase the New Technology laszer sights, I wonder what will become of them 2 or 3 years down the road! Now the point I am making is simply this, in a defense weapon keep things simple and fool proof. Those sights are NOT FOOL PROOF folks. I view them as something that can go wrong or out all together, espeically if Murphy's Law is lurking in the shadows.

Night sights are great and learn to use them period! They will not let the shooter down and by all means learn to focus on the sight picture NOT LOOKING FOR A RED DOT! Another item is that YOU better NEVER hold that DOT on in the dark, a sure give away and chances are YOU will become the victim. NONE of my carry or house guns will wear a Lazer Sight!!!

Jack D
Expert contributor
Expert contributor

Post by Jack D » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi Ball wrote:Now for all those who purchase the New Technology laszer sights, I wonder what will become of them 2 or 3 years down the road! Now the point I am making is simply this, in a defense weapon keep things simple and fool proof. Those sights are NOT FOOL PROOF folks. I view them as something that can go wrong or out all together, espeically if Murphy's Law is lurking in the shadows.

Night sights are great and learn to use them period! They will not let the shooter down and by all means learn to focus on the sight picture NOT LOOKING FOR A RED DOT! Another item is that YOU better NEVER hold that DOT on in the dark, a sure give away and chances are YOU will become the victim. NONE of my carry or house guns will wear a Lazer Sight!!!
To each, his own, Hi Ball. I would like to have laser grips on my defense gun for the following reasons:
** If its dark, you can't see the sights.
** If your old, you see four or five sights.
** If it's light enough to see the sights, they know where you are anyway.
** A laser doesn't need to be lined up like sights do....you can shoot from the hip (or anywhere else).
** A laser can fail, sure, but then the iron sights are still there for back-up.
** A laser will blind (at least temporily) an intruder if flashed in his eyes.

A laser grip is on my wish list.
Jack
Ruger SP101, 3", .357, CT laser
Ruger SR22P, CT laser
Ruger LCR22, CT laser
Ruger 10/22 Deluxe, scoped
H&R Handi, .357 customized, laser, red dot, scope, weapon light, bipod
Benjamin-Sheridan, 5mm (.20), scoped.

smokey
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by smokey » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:25 pm

People seem to forget that a gun with laser sights will do anything that one without will and then some. In addition, failure of the laser is not an issue because if the laser malfunctions, the iron sights are still there. You simply align the sights and fire the old fashion way. That is the worse case scenario.