Ruger .44 Special-Is it really that good?

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:06 am

Bullseye wrote:

Joe, I'm sorry if I implied you were incorrect. My disagreement with your conclusion was not intended as an insult to your credibility. I see now that you meant Ruger had not made a pistol exclusively chambered in .44 Special and not that some couldn't shoot that caliber ammunition. I must have misuderstood the wording in your post; again, my apologies.

R,
Bullseye
That makes two of us getting the same iterpretaron, could be our heritage?
S&W made a lot of revolvers in that caliber, they were the ones that invented that and the .38 Special. Good cartridge but just never became popular, kind of like the 16 gage shotshell.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

J Miller
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by J Miller » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:33 am

Not to wory I didn't take offence or anything like that. I have the same problem of not understanding what others post so I understand what happened.
That's one of the reasons I reiterated and elaborated on what I said.

greener, did the single action you fired have adjustable sights? If not it could have been a Colt SAA, Uberti, Great Western, or a Hawes copy. If it did it was either a Colt New Frontier, (factory made in 5.5" and 7.5" only), or a Ruger.

Did it have a fluted cylinder? If so all the above still count, if not then there is only one likely gun; a Ruger Super Blackhawk.

If it was a Ruger, it could have been:
An original Flattop Blackhawk 44 Mag,
An original Super Blackhawk 44 Mag,
~OR~
A converted Blackhawk.

So untill you get back to the instructor and actually find out what it is, well we can only guess.

Joe