Santa's "carry"

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:28 am

You're doing all right there Greener, big bullets just make nice big round holes, especially them LSWC's.
10:30AMEST here and the temp is already up to 35Fplus, that is above freezing. If this keeps up I may get in some range time this afternoon. Long time since I shot, hope I can still at least keep them on the paper.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:51 am

Take plenty of gator aid, I'm not sure you are acclimated to the scorching heat. :lol: Some range time would be a good cure for cabin fever.

The fun part of the big, round holes is it doesn't take that long to punch through the paper and the cardboard backer so you are shooting at daylight. :lol: Also known as showing off when I'm having one of my better days. The downside is when I'm not, that shows up quickly also.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:16 pm

greener wrote:Take plenty of gator aid, I'm not sure you are acclimated to the scorching heat. :lol: Some range time would be a good cure for cabin fever.

The fun part of the big, round holes is it doesn't take that long to punch through the paper and the cardboard backer so you are shooting at daylight. :lol:
Also known as showing off when I'm having one of my better days. The downside is when I'm not, that shows up quickly also.
Not sure if I will get to the range today or not. Old friend called and he is coming up to shoot sporting clays at my old gun club that is shotgun only and we have of course a Super Bowl party. Have not seen him in a couple of years and old friendship may take precedence over a little pistol shooting. Daylight through the target is cool. My club where we met , we shoot pretty much West and late in the afternoon the sun really shines through the bullet holes wherever they are.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.