Beretta PX4 9mm

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Beretta PX4 9mm

Post by greener » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:49 pm

A new shooter with a new PX4 was having accuracy problems and asked me to fire a few rounds to test the sights. The pistol feels light but doesn't seem to have much recoil shooting 115gr FMJ. The sights are easy to acquire. The ergonomics are pretty good. The trigger pull seems to be long and a bit mushy on release. Overall, the pistol shot well for the dozen rounds I fired.

After three rounds adjusting to the pistol, I put 9 rounds in a group of about 1.5" at 10 yards that were slightly low of center. I shot the same sight picture.

Overall, the PX4 seems like a pretty good pistol. If I were looking for a 9mm I'd consider it after shooting it.

It was really a slow day at the range when someone thought I was a good shooter.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: Beretta PX4 9mm

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:01 pm

greener wrote:A new shooter with a new PX4 was having accuracy problems and asked me to fire a few rounds to test the sights. The pistol feels light but doesn't seem to have much recoil shooting 115gr FMJ. The sights are easy to acquire. The ergonomics are pretty good. The trigger pull seems to be long and a bit mushy on release. Overall, the pistol shot well for the dozen rounds I fired.

After three rounds adjusting to the pistol, I put 9 rounds in a group of about 1.5" at 10 yards that were slightly low of center. I shot the same sight picture.

Overall, the PX4 seems like a pretty good pistol. If I were looking for a 9mm I'd consider it after shooting it.

It was really a slow day at the range when someone thought I was a good shooter.
With the money you just saved on the patio door you can by one or more and still be ahead. They sold the Henry I was looking at but he will have some more in soon, think I got to have one.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:11 pm

SWMBO said I didn't need another 9mm and who am I to argue? Besides, we invested in railroad stocks this afternoon. Thomas the Train is very popular in some places.

I fired one of the military issue Beretta's years ago and didn't like it. The PX4 was a pleasant surprise, but not enough to get me rushing to the nearest gun pusher for one.

Too bad about the Henry. There is a better one waiting for you.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:19 pm

greener wrote:SWMBO said I didn't need another 9mm and who am I to argue? Besides, we invested in railroad stocks this afternoon. Thomas the Train is very popular in some places.

I fired one of the military issue Beretta's years ago and didn't like it. The PX4 was a pleasant surprise, but not enough to get me rushing to the nearest gun pusher for one.

Too bad about the Henry. There is a better one waiting for you.
Anthony is there In Bayonne seeing that more are made and yes he does answer the e mails sent to the factory.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:22 am

Nice report on the PX4 Storm. I don't care much for the feel of the M9 either. I haven't shot one of the Storms, I may have to give one a try.

When someone's pattern is all over the paper and your groups are well centered, they're going to see you as an expert. Based on your performance you showed the owner what he needed to know about his new pistol - he just needs more practice.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:35 am

Bullseye wrote:Nice report on the PX4 Storm. I don't care much for the feel of the M9 either. I haven't shot one of the Storms, I may have to give one a try.

When someone's pattern is all over the paper and your groups are well centered, they're going to see you as an expert. Based on your performance you showed the owner what he needed to know about his new pistol - he just needs more practice.

R,
Bullseye
Remember that in most cases the problem is not with the shooter but with the SHOOTER. :D :D :D

greener

Post by greener » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:19 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
Bullseye wrote:Nice report on the PX4 Storm. I don't care much for the feel of the M9 either. I haven't shot one of the Storms, I may have to give one a try.

R,
Bullseye
Remember that in most cases the problem is not with the shooter but with the SHOOTER. :D :D :D
It's the ammo, the gun or the gun+ammo...never the SHOOTER. :lol:

His pattern was left and running up and down. I made a few suggestions on stance, grip and trigger. Wish I could follow my suggestions all the time.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:51 pm

greener wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:

R,
Bullseye
It's the ammo, the gun or the gun+ammo...never the SHOOTER. :lol:

His pattern was left and running up and down. I made a few suggestions on stance, grip and trigger. Wish I could follow my suggestions all the time.
Ah yes, if we could only be as good a student as we are teachers. eh???

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:36 pm

Good advice is usually easy to dispense but hard to follow.

R,
Bullseye

toyfj40
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by toyfj40 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:01 pm

Winston Churchill:
"I am always ready to learn although I do not always
like being taught."