My 3 Glock .45's

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

billt

My 3 Glock .45's

Post by billt » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:11 pm

My 3 Glocks. A Glock 21 with Trijicon Night Sights, a Glock 21-C (Compensated) with standard sights, and a Glock 30 with Glock Night Sights I picked up this morning. The only one left in .45 ACP I need to get is the single stack 36. Bill T.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Nice Collection. I'm not a huge fan of Glocks but I do have a G27 that I have grown to like over time. Their well designed and functioning but that long trigger travel is something that I have difficulty getting used to for my style of shooting. I do use it as a carry gun and for that purpose it is well suited.

R,
Bullseye

billt

Post by billt » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:36 am

They do kind of grow on you. If someone had told me that I would own 3 of them back in the 80's when they came out I would have laughed at them. But after 25+ years I have accepted the idea of synthetics on a gun. Old habits die hard. Bill T.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:38 am

Like you, I got over my concerns about the polymer frames a long time ago. For me its all about the trigger, that long travel is just unnerving. I can shoot them very well but I guess I'm just spoiled with crisp, short, and clean breaking triggers. I could go with a compact 1911 but the mini Glock is just fine for packing.

R,
Bullseye

Geezer

Post by Geezer » Mon May 11, 2009 8:37 pm

Nice trio! I have a G21 and a G30 SF. So far, I have fought off all the urges to get a G36.

greener

Post by greener » Mon May 11, 2009 10:47 pm

Long trigger and all, I've never fired a Glock that didn't, after the first round, shoot well. If I've been firing something with a crisp trigger, the first round of a Glock goes low. Nice trio of shooters.

Hi Ball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hi Ball » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:11 pm

Bill-T. Yes, I am in the same boat! Never thought I would own a GLOCK!!!

Well, I got the G-29 and thinking real hard on getting a couple more of those poly guns. Leaving shortly to go perhaps trade for another GLOCK. 8) :D

billt

Post by billt » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:32 pm

I'm now up to 6 Glocks total. 3 in .45 ACP, and 3 in 9MM. In .45 I've got the 21, the 21-C, (Compensated), and the Glock 30. In 9MM I have the 17, the mid size 19, and the Mini Glock 26. I don't think there is a handgun out there that gives more "bang for the buck" than a Glock. They are also one of the easiest handguns to learn to shoot. Perfect for teaching first time shooters and women. Bill T.

Geezer

Post by Geezer » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:35 pm

I had a G20 and it was/is my all time favorite Glock. I no longer reload and I can't stand the prices for 10mm ammo. In my humble opinion, the 10mm, like the .41 Magnum, is a very under-rated round. The .40 S&W came along and almost killed the 10mm. That's the main reason that I don't care for a .40 today.

Hi Ball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hi Ball » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:56 am

Bill-T........I got the wife a GLOCK model 17 this week, took it to the range and she did very well with it on those 4 inch bulls eye targets at 15 and 21 feet. I then took the 9mm Glock and let a friend of mine shoot it at 25 yards. Once again the Glock came through with flying colors shooting cheap ammo in the 115 grn. bullets. This man put 9 out of 10 in the 4.5 inch bulls eye from 25 yards. Wild Bill Hickkock may have done better but I thought it was good to go!

I am waiting to hear from the gunstore, so I can go pick up my full size GLOCK in another 10mm. Then I will pick up a compact Glock in a 45acp just for grins. 8) :D

Bill we have 4 Sigs, 4 Glocks, 3 Kimbers

billt

Post by billt » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:36 pm

Sounds good! The Cabela's by me has the long slide 17 on sale. I'm tempted. It's the only Glock in 9MM I don't have. Bill T.

Hi Ball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hi Ball » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:57 pm

Bill-T.....I am very tempted to purchase a 9mm Luger in a GLOCK for myself, just for the sake of target practice and savings in dollars over the cost of other caliber ammo.

The Blazer 9mm ammo sales for $13.60 a box of 50, the 40 S&W sells for $19.50 a box of 50 and the blessed 10mm is going for $30 dollars a box in 50, if you can find the stuff.

I have plenty of 45acp cases and ammo......sum 5000 the last I counted and loaded up with 200 grain bullets about 1200. So you can see why I am considering another 9mm Luger for the vault!!! I will damn near pay for it in a 2 years at the present cost of ammo verses other calibers.

Our local store has the 9mm Luger in Glock for $509.oo dollars.

greener

Post by greener » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:02 am

I've used the "I can save money on ammo" logic to justify my latest wants. To make it worse, I've used the "I can get that because I reload and ammo won't cost much" logic. I've certainly saved money on ammo by the round, but the end result is that I've spent considerably more on guns and ammo than I would if I didn't think I could save money on ammo. All my savings and then some head downrange after a loud noise in my hand. I'm certainly enjoying shooting up all my savings on ammo.

From what I've seen around Richmond, $509 isn't a bad price for a new Glock.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:28 am

greener wrote:I've used the "I can save money on ammo" logic to justify my latest wants. To make it worse, I've used the "I can get that because I reload and ammo won't cost much" logic. I've certainly saved money on ammo by the round, but the end result is that I've spent considerably more on guns and ammo than I would if I didn't think I could save money on ammo. All my savings and then some head downrange after a loud noise in my hand. I'm certainly enjoying shooting up all my savings on ammo.

From what I've seen around Richmond, $509 isn't a bad price for a new Glock.
No sense in saving money for your old age because you are very close to that age now, so you might as well use it. All the stuff that I was saving for my old age I am using right now.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:28 pm

I'm working hard at not saving. As one of my Uncles told his kids, "I'm going to do my best to die owing some money. I want to be sure someone cries at my funeral."