Sig Pro 2022 DA Trigger Pull

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

crosbygun

Sig Pro 2022 DA Trigger Pull

Post by crosbygun » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:17 am

I just bought a sigpro 2022 and am concerned about the DA trigger pull. If I insert my finger too far into the trigger guard the gun won't shoot. It's the same for other guys I've let try it, too. I have three other da/sa guns and none of them have that problem. The trigger on the other guns will pull if I let the trigger rest in the indention after my first finger joint.
I have to put the "tip of my finger" on the sig 2022 trigger.
I'm curious to know if this is standard for that gun. Or, does the trigger need work?
Thanks.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:09 am

it doesn't seem right. does the trigger pinch your finger( like if you shoot with gloves on the glove can get stuck in the trigger) ? otherwise I can't think of why it would fail to fire. if there isn't any external interferance I would call sig and run it by them.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:45 am

The 2022 has a different trigger control setup than the P series guns that I'm familiar with. I have not looked at the 2022 internals so I may be way off base on this one. If this is a new gun I would contact Sig and let them fix it. There are 2 different triggers avaliabe for most sig's, short and std reach. The short reach trigger ends up almost touching the frame when the hammer is dropped. If this is your setup it sounds like the trigger bar is not setup correctly (if it was a P series). This is ok for persons with small hands but most prefer the std trigger. I would post on the Sig forum (armorer) and let them help you.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

crosbygun

Post by crosbygun » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:30 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm still waiting to be approved for the sig forum. Meanwhile, I'm going to the gun shop and ask them if I can try the trigger pull on a few more 2022's. That way I'll know if mine is messed up.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:30 pm

Welcome to the forum!

That's not standard. All I can think of right now is bar is jamming up when not pulled straight rearwards.

R,
Bullseye