New Kimber tiny 9

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

New Kimber tiny 9

Post by ruger22 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:29 am

* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:40 am

Nice looking pistol. Slightly smaller than the compact Glocks. Magazine capacity significantly less with a single stack mag - only 6 rounds. The MSRP is one thing that would shy me away from it, $725. We'll have to see where this one actually gets priced when it hits the shelves. The new Ruger LC9 is approximately the same size, with one more in the mag, plus the MSRP is only $443.

R,
Bullseye

Baldy
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Baldy » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:14 am

I like Kimbers a lot but they are just about too rich for my blood anymore. That Solo is a sharp little job but I don't think I'll ever own one at that price. :roll:

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:43 pm

Looks like a nice pistol. Though I must agree with all the above posts, it is a bit pricey.

Ever since I started gaining a bit of knowledge regarding firearms I have felt that all Kimbers are over priced for what you get.

piasashooter
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by piasashooter » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:20 pm

It looks nice but indeed expensive, it wouldn't matter if it was cheap as I live in Illinois, no need for a gun that small if I can't carry it.

Tbag
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tbag » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:16 am

Too new to be reliable, too expensive too boot. It's pretty heavy and wide for pocket carry as this seems to be the segment they are chasing the PM series from Khar.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:26 am

Nice looking gun. Kimber has a good reputation. It sort of reminds me of my Kahr. But both the Kimber and Kahr, as mentioned, are a little pricey. I still like the trigger action on my Kahr, I think it is smoother then alot of others in this catagory. I think the thing one has to ask himself, do you really need a "cadillac" handgun to do the job it was intended? or will a Ruger, Keltec, etc do the job?
Haka

ps...Hey Baldy, I changed my avatar to John Wayne, only B&W, hope you don't mind. I did it because the AR-15 photo might have "said" too much.

Baldy
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Baldy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:09 pm

Hakaman wrote:Nice looking gun. Kimber has a good reputation. It sort of reminds me of my Kahr. But both the Kimber and Kahr, as mentioned, are a little pricey. I still like the trigger action on my Kahr, I think it is smoother then alot of others in this catagory. I think the thing one has to ask himself, do you really need a "cadillac" handgun to do the job it was intended? or will a Ruger, Keltec, etc do the job?
Haka

ps...Hey Baldy, I changed my avatar to John Wayne, only B&W, hope you don't mind. I did it because the AR-15 photo might have "said" too much.
:lol: Don't bother me at all as Big John had a lot of people who admired him from back in the day.. Wish we had a lot more like him in Hollyweird, today. :wink: