I finally have it how I like it.

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

TH3180

I finally have it how I like it.

Post by TH3180 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:38 pm

I bought my 1st center fire pistol this last summer. I bought a G17 RTF2. I liked the gun out of the box, but than again it's the 1st and only center fire pistol I have ever shot. My son bought me some chrome for Christmas. I did a little coloring and I just got done putting in my trigger kit. I bought the kit from glocktriggers.com it's the "CHALLENGER Kit". The trigger feels really nice. I may mess with the over-travel adjustment but I want to go shoot first. The Glock sponge is gone for the most part. What do you think?

"Ballons make evryone feel better" My son Tyler while getting a ballon for his baby sister when she was in the hospital

Baldy
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Baldy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:47 pm

Good looking outfit you have there. Good luck with it. :)

TH3180

Post by TH3180 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:09 pm

I started out with red on the mags and slide. It looked a little to pink for me, so I switched to white. I may try gray to tone it down just a bit or even silver.
"Ballons make evryone feel better" My son Tyler while getting a ballon for his baby sister when she was in the hospital

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:36 am

Looks pretty good. I'm interested in the trigger kit for one of my G-17's. Looks like you have it all "tricked out" the way you like and still have maintained the factory appearance. I also must say that the extended slide release is a big plus. Hard to believe that such a small change to a part feels so much better but it does.

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:52 am

Looks Good. Let us know how the trigger works out.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

TH3180

Post by TH3180 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:30 pm

Maybe I will do a little review after I have shot the gun a few times. I did a bunch of dry firing and mag drops in the basement last night. The pre-travel Glock sponge is gone. The 2# less trigger pull is very noticeable. The trigger feels a lot like my Buck Mark trigger. Sometimes when I dry fire I stand up a spent 9mm case on top of the slide while pulling the trigger. Before the swap I could keep it up there about 50% of the time. With the new trigger I would say it stayed up there 85 to 90% of the time.
One thing I am having a problem with. I don't think I will make it to the range before a USPSA style match on Thursday. Do I go with an untested trigger and hope for the best or should I throw the original trigger back in.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:25 am

I always like to function check a pistol before putting it in a match but if you feel the improvement is that significant then I'd run it and take my chances.

R,
Bullseye