New Beretta 92fs on the block

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Redleg

New Beretta 92fs on the block

Post by Redleg » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:03 am

Well, I finally got by California's 30 day waiting period between handgun purchases, + 10 day wait period = 40 day wait. (Is California screwed up or what?) Picked up my new Beretta 92fs today!

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:33 am

Welcome to the forum, Redleg! You folks in CA sure know how to keep firearms out of the hands of law abiding citizens for as long as possible. Though I must admit that I am not totally against a waiting period; however, I think even the normal 10 days is a bit excessive for what the law is attempting to achieve. I am waiting to see with what new safety device you guys in CA think to add to firearms. Perhaps a siren that sounds when the weapon is loaded and flashing arrows on the side that indicate where the projectile will come from?

Congrats on your acquisition. I like the 92sf, it's a solid pistol. Is this your first pistol?

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:41 am

Welcome to Guntlak-Online.

Yes, I fled California many years ago. One of the many reasons was the serious infringement of firearms rights. The CA Assault Weapons Ban was the final straw for me. The CA DOJ approved firearms list is another boondoggle the legislature forced on firearms owners. Back then, prior to instant background checks, the waiting period was 15 days. Later I understand they dropped it down to 10 days. While I enjoyed shooting at all the ranges in the California sun, from Sloughouse (Rancho Seco) to Santa Margarita (Camp Pendleton) I don't regret leaving that state. Eighteen years there was plenty of time to decide to relocate.

I hope you enjoy your new 92.

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:10 am

Welcome to Guntalk-Online

I have no reason to even considering moving to a state that has laws like Califorina. It's bad enough we have to deal with all of Ca mandated garbage that mfg have to put on guns.

I like the fact that I can go any where in Texas, buy a gun and walkout with it without any wait period. All we have is an electronic back ground check. If there is a problem, a max of 3 days wait. If you have your CCL you sign the paper work and out you go. :D

The Beratta 92 is nice gun and you will have a good time with it.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:11 pm

:welcome

Sorry you're in Kalifornia. In VA, it's run the background, pay the bill and walk out with the gun. About a 20 minute wait. We do have a one handgun a month law, but it does not apply when you have a carry permit. I just bought two in eight days, and it felt good.

Anyhow, you'll find everyone here super friendly and helpful. I think it's the best gun group going. I belong to the Beretta Forum, too, and it's a younger crowd. Sometimes a little too much "awesome", "cool", and the ever-popular "tacticool" for me......... :lol:
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Welcome

Post by Coach1 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi Redleg. We will not hold you responsible for all the stupid regulations that the CA legislature imposes on good citizen ownership of firearms. It is just fun to vent a little. (Y'all replaced a Republican guv (Arnold) with a somewhat whack-o Dem in Jerry Brown?)

To counterbalance your choice of residence.. you have made the absolutely best choice for a Gun forum. The crew here is friendly, interested, interesting and always helpful. Glad to have you. Bullseye is just one of the valuable technical resources here.

Stay tuned and keep us posted on your progress with the 92.. a great gun...
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

greener

Post by greener » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:34 am

Welcome to the forum. Let us know how your 92 performs.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Redleg, that sure is a sharp looking picture
of a nice looking gun. The history of the
Beretta 92fs (M9), and the solid construction (steel frame),
are a couple of the things I like about that hg. Nice looking gun !!!
Here's a picture of my M9A1:
Last edited by Hakaman on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

piasashooter
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by piasashooter » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:57 am

Nice looking gun. I don't live in California, but here in Illinois we have a 3 day wait on pistols, and a one day wait on long guns. Any length waiting period is really annoying and just stupid, I understand a background check, but making someone wait to get there gun just doesn't make much sense to me.