Ruger 1911 ???????

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Ruger 1911 ???????

Post by ruger22 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:56 am

* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: Ruger 1911 ???????

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:30 pm

Wwhy not? every one else is making one, JMB would be pround to be copied by so many.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Ruger 1911...

Post by Coach1 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:24 pm

This is likely true and not a late April Fool's joke.

But I wonder why now? One would expect this to be rolled out at the recent SHOT Show. And it does not set itself apart from sooo many other quality 1911's.. at least from what we can see in the photo. Why not an ambi safety? That wold have drawn some interest from my letfy son-in-law.

By contracts.. take a look at the new line of 1911's from S&W.. the "E" Series. I think the satin stainless Commander-size SW1911Sc makes a better statement from looks, features and .. perhaps.. engineering advances (Scandium alloy frame, new Joubert trigger, titanium firing pin, no firing pin block, Novak night sights, ambi combat safety, etc). That is probably my next gun purchase.
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:59 pm

I like it. as long as it'll take standard 1911 parts so folks can make it their own It will sell well
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

hotroderx

Post by hotroderx » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:38 pm

If the price was reasonable I would definitely put it high on my list of 1911's to get. As long as its pretty much standard build nothing odd ball. I know some people don't like Ruger but I love my Ruger pistol love to add a revolver.

Slanteyedshootist

Post by Slanteyedshootist » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:16 pm

I'm going to save my pennies for one if it comes out in plain blued. But I also want a Gunsite Scout rifle. Gotta decide which one first. Rifle, pistol? Pistol, rifle? Aaaaargh!!!

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:09 am

Knowing Ruger, a compact version will be out shortly ... I'm holding out for an affordable CCO.

Also, knowing Ruger, it will have an ILS, magazine interlock, and all checkering/slide serration will be replaced with safety warnings.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:56 am

bigfatdave wrote:Knowing Ruger, a compact version will be out shortly ... I'm holding out for an affordable CCO.

Also, knowing Ruger, it will have an ILS, magazine interlock, and all checkering/slide serration will be replaced with safety warnings.
Doubt if ther will be a compact as the slide would not br gig enough to carry all the warning script,

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:44 pm

bearandoldman wrote:Doubt if ther will be a compact as the slide would not br gig enough to carry all the warning script,
New plan, all Ruger firearms will play a tape of someone reciting the warning continuously, and the gun will not work if the battery to run the audio runs out.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:22 pm

bigfatdave wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:Doubt if ther will be a compact as the slide would not br gig enough to carry all the warning script,
New plan, all Ruger firearms will play a tape of someone reciting the warning continuously, and the gun will not work if the battery to run the audio runs out.
That would not surpise me at all.

greener

Post by greener » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:05 pm

bigfatdave wrote:Knowing Ruger, a compact version will be out shortly ... I'm holding out for an affordable CCO.

And the stock trigger will be so-so, but VQ will have an aftermarket kit out in no time. :lol:

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:08 am

I was thinking more in line of a red flag comes popping out with a warning "Lead Maybe Hazardous to Your Health" along with the audio tape.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:44 pm

blue68f100 wrote:I was thinking more in line of a red flag comes popping out with a warning "Lead Maybe Hazardous to Your Health" along with the audio tape.
I am waiting for Ruger to start stamping "WARNING: Do not operate!" :lol:

I agree with what was said earlier, one huge factor of 1911s popularity is that the pistols are so customizable. Ruger will have probably designed the pistol with an internal safety lock, a giant LCI, and mag disconnect. All of these devices will more than likely inhibit the after market parts that may be used.

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Everyone's a comic

Post by Coach1 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:10 pm

Ha! Thanks for the laffs, guys! :lol:
Although tongue-in-cheek humor in your comments.. I suspect a fair amount of truth / reality as well. I wonder if Bill Ruger was still with us if he would agree with all these excessive warnings and such.

Well, it will be interesting to see what this 1911 really looks like.. including any superfluous bells and whistles.
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:30 pm

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne