Ethics Question

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:37 am

Since "shooters" are a declining group I will go out of my way to make anyones range experience a good one, including a mag of good ammo or lube on a dry action. That said, I'm having fun getting a 25-06 to shoot that the previous owner hated :lol: Now, I did my best to get him to let me try to fix it on his behalf, but he developed a primal hate for the rifle and would never trust it again. Regards
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:13 pm

The original poster said this question was a "moral dilemma" and I can see that there are many "like-minded" posts about lending assistance to a fellow shooter in need. Shooter's are some of the most generous folks on the planet, and I see positive examples of that every day. I've been beaten by my own firearms a few times over the years when I lent them to a competitor who's gun broke during the tournament. I usually try to bring enough spares along so new shooters have a chance to use some "well tuned" equipment too. I see by the responses to this thread that I'm in good company.

R,
Bullseye

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:30 pm

It's my nature to try to help solve the issue and I would be likely to share my thoughts on what I believed to be the issue. If I had .45 ACP factory ammo in my RB, I would be more than likely to offer some to him, if needed. I have no desire or need for that particular firearm, but if it were something I wanted, had the case, and he still wanted to get rid of it, I would make him an offer (that would be in my favor) with the hopes he would accept it.

greener

Post by greener » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:38 pm

The P90 owners and I were at the range today at the same time. She put 2 mags of WWB 230gr FMJ through the P90 without a problem. He started struggling with getting it to load the ammo. He had put the reload into the mag, it didn't feed and on ejecting the round, he had left the bullet in the barrel. I fixed it. She threw the bullet down range and they fired a box of WWB.

When they left they told me they would be at the range at 10AM next Saturday, just in case I wanted to show up.

Mebbe I should make them an offer.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:06 pm

maybe it has a short or dirty chamber??
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

greener

Post by greener » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:43 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:maybe it has a short or dirty chamber??
The chamber is tight. The CMJ semi-wadcutters would fit their 1911 but were a bit too long for the Ruger chamber. See the same thing with mine.