Kahr CM9

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Kahr CM9

Post by Hakaman » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:25 pm

Kahr CM9 Wins The On Target 2011 Editor's Choice Award by Massad Ayoob

http://www.kahr.com/PDF/OT2011CM9-1316489641.pdf

Haka

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:27 am

That's a nice looking little pistol.

A lot of the smaller pistols are more affordable or concealable than functional, but I have had a few that performed way beyond my expectations.

The best little-bitty shooters I have had were an Walther PP in .32, a retired European police model that there were so many of in the 80's, and an RG .22lr revolver, an obvious piece of pot-metal junk with a 1 1/2" barrel that ( with the right load ) shot as accurately as any of my target pistols. It was uncanny.

Other RG's that I tried out shot all over the place.

The Walther had some holster wear but was still a beautiful little gun that I do not remember having any feeding or ejection issues with. - A solid performer, fun to plink with too.

Today, I am leaning toward the Beretta Tomcat, another 32, as my wife will want to borrow it on occasion and she is sensitive to recoil. - The pivoting barrel is a great feature for smaller hands, as well.

If it were just for me, that Kahr CM9 looks like it would be just about right.

Only accurate guns are interesting.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:36 pm

charlesb wrote: Today, I am leaning toward the Beretta Tomcat, another 32, as my wife will want to borrow it on occasion and she is sensitive to recoil. - The pivoting barrel is a great feature for smaller hands, as well.
You may want to do some search about Tomcats on the Beretta Forum. They have a frame cracking issue with the alloy frame. Beretta has redone them with a wider, heavier slide; but that does not seem to have ended it.

There was a Titanium version for a while that has no problem, but it is out of production. Hard to find and extra pricey now.

Other .32 choices would be the NAA .32 Guardian, or a .32 PPK.

I like my Beretta Bobcats, but they are .22LR. The tip-up barrel is a nice feature.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:50 pm

Any of the walther pp series pistols are a good piece. I've got a PPK/S in 380 auto (stainless interarms import) that has been a great gun and about as accurate as anyone can ask for.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:12 am

The CM9 is going to be my next purchase.

I just really wish Kahr didn't try to re-invent the wheel with their slide rail inserts. They should just use the Glock configuration that works much better.

For me, all these pocket 9's have critical flaws. Kahr's rail inserts just seem to be the least severe. If only Glock made a pocket 9...