A Walk Down Memory Lane

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:46 pm

I thought about hog hunting down here in deep south Texas, but all I hear about are hunting packages where they park you in a blind located in front of a feeder, so you can shoot semi-domesticated pigs at leisure, for 150 bucks or so per pig.

I figure the hunting should be free, with any pigs I bag as my pay for cutting down on the population.

- But that's just me!

Maybe I ought to put a "Pig Shooter" ad in the paper.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:30 am

Charles, your a good ways from where my dad's place is at. I know most of the farmers around here would allow you to hunt free to get rid of the hogs. I think if you would approach a farmer and ask permission to hunt, most would grant you access. As we have seen some places are so big the only way to really hunt them is from the air or running ATV.

When I get back to my dad's this summer your welcome to come and shoot all you can find, see. FREE . They seam to be constantly moving, passing through my dad's place around once/week when I left. I tried to get my dad to setup traps but he was not interested at the time. I think as he see's more of their destruction he will change his mind. Not having cattle may have influenced his decision. And I may build one this next summer while I'm there anyway.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911