SA EMP - 9 mm - Your thoughts?

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

SA EMP - 9 mm - Your thoughts?

Post by Coach1 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Hello everyone. I have been saving all year with the goal of buying a new pistol. I have settled on the Springfield EMP in 9 MM as my choice. (The new S&W E-series 1911SC was my other leading choice). My favorite LGS set a competitive price and I plan to pick it up later this week.

All the web postings I've read are very positive.. particularly as a carry gun. Do any of the GTO regulars have an opinion / or experience with this pistol?

P.S. I have an XD(M) 3.8 inch, in 9 mm (the first pistol I owned) and am very happy with it.
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

jrayb95

Post by jrayb95 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:28 pm

I have had a 9mm EMP for a while that I also wanted for carry for a long time and when I got mine the trigger was pretty heavy and I understand that is inherent with SA pistols. I went ahead and took mine to a gunsmith that worked it over and it is smooth and is at 3 1/2 pounds with my Lyman gauge.
I don't think I would want to go much lower than that. I haven't had any glitches with it so far but I only have about 500 rounds thru it so far and I want about 1000 rounds free of any problems before trusting for carry. So far it has smoothed out even more and it fits my hand and is more accurate than I am. I don't think you will be a bit sorry with your choice.

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

EMP experience

Post by Coach1 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Thanks jray for your first hand feedback.
Any others?
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones