Interarms Virginia Dragoon

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Interarms Virginia Dragoon

Post by Yleefox » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:19 pm

My son just acquired an Interarms Virginia Dragoon in 44 magnum and as it turns out the cylinder doesn't. Well, that it, it doesn't usually turn when the hammer is cocked. I suspect it's going to turn out to be a spring issue, because on occasion it will turn when cocked. I'm planning on taking it apart to see if I can determine what the problem is, however I'm wondering if any of you folks can shed a bit of wisdom on what I might run into in terms of disassembly/reassembly?

Y

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:43 am

Revolvers are not very easy to work on. They're easy to get apart but getting every thing timed can be a chore. The first thing is see if you can find the armors manual for the gun. Try here http://www.stevespages.com/page7b.htm

Take plenty of pictures as you take it apart.

Do a close inspection of all the parts to see if any need replacing, hopefully you want need any.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:03 am

Blue,

Thanks for the tips. I've taken apart plenty of rifles and semi-auto pistols, but I do not believe I've ever disassembled a revolver. I believe parts are just about non-existent for this gun, so I'm hoping its something simple.

Y