Springfield Loaded 1911 - Parkerized

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

billt

Springfield Loaded 1911 - Parkerized

Post by billt » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:01 am

I picked this one up the other day. I was actually going there to look at a Parkerized Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 Standard Model he had in stock. But after handling it and giving it a good once over it just didn't light my fire for some reason. It was a really nice pistol and all, but when I saw this Loaded Model my attention shifted to it.

It had the nicer Cocobolo grips, ambidextrous safety, along with the Novak style Trijicon Night Sights. All and all a much nicer package for not much more money, so I decided to go with it. This gun is very similar to my Range Officer, but better suited for carry with the Novak Night Sights.

I gave it a good cleaning when I got it home, and as you can see from the photographs, I also gave the Parkerizing a good oil soaking. I absolutely love Springfield 1911's. They really put a nice weapon together. The thing that really got me was the case it came in. This thing is built with every bit as much quality as a Storm or Pelican Model of the same size. It has all die cut high density foam for the pistol, holster, magazine holder, cleaning rod, as well as 3 cut outs for extra magazines.

It also has 2 holes that will accommodate a couple of nice size locks. About the only thing I noticed was that it had no O-Ring in the cutout along the edge. That isn't a problem because the local NAPA Auto Parts store by me has 5 MM O-Ring cord in 6' lengths for a couple of bucks. I'm going to pick up some and fit the case with an O-ring. I'm really surprised how they can offer such a nice case with the weapon. The older style blue cases my other Springfield 1911's came in are nice as well, but this one is much better. A similar Storm or Pelican Model in the same size is close to, if not over $100.00. I'm going to the range tomorrow, so I'll light it up then. If it shoots as well as my other Springfield's I'll be happy.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Look's nice.

Let us know how it shoots.....
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:22 pm

if it shoots as nice as it looks you git a winner... I've had a Milspec for a couple of years an I love my Springfield. Enjoy yours!
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:33 pm

Nice looking package you have there Billt, have fun and be safe!
Haka

arizona-hermit
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by arizona-hermit » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:01 pm

I just love parkerized finishes.

Good lookin' pea shooter you have there.
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain. [1 COR 15:10a - NASB]