"I really like revolvers"

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

"I really like revolvers"

Post by greener » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:47 pm

My Monday rage trip was with my two Blackhawks, single six and M17. A couple of ladies expressed interest in revolvers and I let them shoot mine. They had a little difficulty adjusting to the double action pull of the M17 and found SA shooting easier. One thought the .22's were fine but the size of .38 cartridges was intimidating. One was putting rounds where she wanted on the full size "zombie" target. She got real excited when she dropped 3 rounds around the "x" on a 3" circle and the other 3 inside the circle with the big bad .38. She got a big grin shooting the .45 Colt BH that had a bit more pop than my Trail Boss .38 loads. It ended with "I really like revolvers, which one should I get?" They then went off to shoot the .223.

The one doing a fine job at 8 yards placing rounds on target had just started shooting. Her partner said she couldn't do well with handguns, but could clean your clock at 200 yards with a long gun. They were both doing better than a lot of "expert" male shooters I've seen.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:06 pm

A couple of ladies? Well, when you've got it, you've got it....... :lol:

I read a little innuendo in that post.......... :roll:
* Two Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* Two NAA Guardian .32ACP
* Three Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:02 pm

ruger22 wrote:A couple of ladies? Well, when you've got it, you've got it....... :lol:

And if his wife finds out he will have had it!!!!!!!!!!
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:06 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
ruger22 wrote:A couple of ladies? Well, when you've got it, you've got it....... :lol:

Ladies of Monday morning doesn't quite have the pizzazz of other "ladies". Besides, I told the boss that they suggested I invite her out.

Besides, as I told bgreene, "the difference between me and you is I'm not afraid of your mother" He said he couldn't hear me when I whispered that low.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:15 pm

greener wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:

Ladies of Monday morning doesn't quite have the pizzazz of other "ladies". Besides, I told the boss that they suggested I invite her out.

Besides, as I told bgreene, "the difference between me and you is I'm not afraid of your mother" He said he couldn't hear me when I whispered that low.
Ma is a better rifle shot than dad..... And she is sneaky. :shock:
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

greener

Post by greener » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:54 pm

That's why I went into Artillery, I'm better at 15 clicks.

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:07 pm

A decade or so before I had any romantic thoughts about the lady who would wind up being my wife, I watched her knock down a row of steel silhouettes about one second apart with a 45 auto, at the Dallas Gun Club.

She's still a big bore fan, dubious about the idea of a 9mm carry gun.

Even though she does not shoot very often, when she does she generally hits what she is aiming at.
Last edited by charlesb on Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greener

Post by greener » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:35 am

Sounds like a fine lady.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:51 pm

charlesb wrote:A decade or so before I had any romantics thoughts about the lady who would wind up being my wife, I watched her knock down a row of steel silhouettes about one second apart with a 45 auto, at the Dallas Gun Club.

She's still a big bore fan, dubious about the idea of a 9mm carry gun.

Even though she does not shoot very often, when she does she generally hits what she is aiming at.
Sounds like Greener's mom, with grandpa pete's old smith 38..... :lol:

-John Wayne

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:52 pm

Years ago I was a gunsmith in the D/FW metroplex... Police officers there told me that when they arrived at a shooting, if the shooter was a male then there would be no telling where the victim might be hit - but if the shooter was a female, the victim usually got it straight through the heart.

Nobody smiled, so I am assuming that they were giving me the straight dope, there.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:03 pm

charlesb wrote:Years ago I was a gunsmith in the D/FW metroplex... Police officers there told me that when they arrived at a shooting, if the shooter was a male then there would be no telling where the victim might be hit - but if the shooter was a female, the victim usually got it straight through the heart.

Nobody smiled, so I am assuming that they were giving me the straight dope, there.
"hell hath no fury as a woman scorned"????? :shock:

-John Wayne