Shooting a little left

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Shooting a little left

Post by greener » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:00 pm

Took the 9mm's to the range yesterday. Me and the M&P9, put most of the rounds in the black of an NRA 50' slow fire target. Some out of the black was from the CT laser which was 2" left and 4" low. (didn't bring allen wrenches)

The first 20 rounds from the SR9: 2 in the black, 15 on the target paper, tendency to shoot left. I made a concentrated effort to focus on the sights. Then I looked at the rear sight, it had shifted about 1/2" left. I found a reasonable group of 5 about a foot left of my target. The rear sight has had a tendency to slip left. The last time I "fixed" it I put Loctite blue on the set screw. Looks like I need to come up with another fix. Clean out the dovetail and loctite the edges?

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:01 pm

maybe clean out, add some fibers, and add Loctite?

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:29 am

Time to clean every thing up then use the Loctite. I use the blue on the set screw and the green flowable on the dovetail. Since the green is a flowable/wicking type it allows you to get them adjusted to where they should be before applying. Once set it's not going any where, the green is a high strength like the Red. Allow to set for 24hr before use after applying the Loctite.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:56 am

compensating for muzzle flip