What do you guys think?

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

What do you guys think?

Post by gcp » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:28 am

I made these grips yesterday. Not my best wood work, plus it took me about 3 hours so it proved deceptively more difficult to complete them. But I had this chunk of flamed maple I felt compelled to do something with, and what better Saturday evening exercise than to dress up my new Vaquero (guess I'm dating my self :oops:).

The grips turned out a little fatter but they seem to fit my right hand better...

Zed

Post by Zed » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:14 pm

Pretty doggone good for a Saturday night special, gcp. And, ah.. don't worry about dating yourself by your Saturday night activities... I was in bed by 9 (to sleep!). :oops:

Steve

jjfunk
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jjfunk » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:02 pm

Very pretty. Nicely done, and now you have something that is definitaly diff. Good job.
If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked long ago.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:52 pm

Nice job, those maple grips look good with that nickel finish.

R,
Bullseye

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:10 am

Bullseye, that's SS not nickel :lol: Non-the-less I thank you all for the compliments.

BTW my wife likes the darker grips better so, maybe I'll make a cocobolo set next, or even leopardwood....

jjfunk
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jjfunk » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:37 am

If the wife likes darker grips better, I would say get another Vaquero. :D Everyone wins.
If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked long ago.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:36 pm

gcp wrote:Bullseye, that's SS not nickel :lol: Non-the-less I thank you all for the compliments.

BTW my wife likes the darker grips better so, maybe I'll make a cocobolo set next, or even leopardwood....
That is a very shiny finish for stainless. Had me fooled, looked like nickel plate.

R,
Bullseye

Blindpig

Re: What do you guys think?

Post by Blindpig » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:21 pm

[quote="gcp"]I made these grips yesterday. Not my best wood work, plus it took me about 3 hours so it proved deceptively more difficult to complete them. But I had this chunk of flamed maple I felt compelled to do something with, and what better Saturday evening exercise than to dress up my new Vaquero (guess I'm dating my self :oops:).

Looks like a mighty fine job to me! And by the way, I always found that I liked dating women better but then, whatever floats your boat. :lol:

toyfj40
Master contributor
Master contributor

Re: What do you guys think?

Post by toyfj40 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:13 pm

gcp wrote:(guess I'm dating my self).
Blindpig wrote:I always found that I liked dating women better but then, whatever floats your boat.
:above: :rothfl:

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:41 pm

Yea, I thought exactly that when I wrote it, and chuckled...to myself :lol: But I thought "I can get away with saying that, I am married"!

Blindpig

Post by Blindpig » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:21 am

gcp wrote:Yea, I thought exactly that when I wrote it, and chuckled...to myself :lol: But I thought "I can get away with saying that, I am married"!
Just havin' a little fun with ya there, gcp. Don't ever take anything I post too seriously; sometimes I forget to take my medication. :wink: