CZ 75B SP01 makes me a better shooter

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

CZ 75B SP01 makes me a better shooter

Post by greener » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:57 pm

A coworker and shooting buddy brought his new CZ 75Bsp01 to the range today. Nice compact 9mm. Feels good. Trigger is good, a little one and soft, but it shoots well. The CZ and I shoot a little left, based on 5 rounds from a handgun I've never fired. I like it better than my LC9, which is the same size.

My buddy was shooting way left, 4-8 inches from target center, with lots of vertical movement. My shooting was after he got frustrated. I started coaching. He has cokebottle glasses, with prisms and, yes, he is left eye dominant. He shoots revolvers pretty well, but hasn't like the slide of a semiauto coming back in his face. Revolver grip. So, we worked on stance (NPA), grip, follow through and, the hardest to get through was don't hold your breath and fight the aim for 15 seconds. If you don't make the target shot in 5 seconds, bring gun down and off target and start over.

He got a little better. My shooting picked up more as I was coaching. :D

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Re: CZ 75B SP01 makes me a better shooter

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:47 am

The only time I shoot that far left is when my left eye want to be dominate shooting right handed. Which happens quite often for me since my left eye is better. It takes over since the astigmatism is bad in my right eye.

Practice Practice Practice is what it take to get better :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

Glad your friend is taking your advice and making the necessary adj. I came from the revolver world to auto and grip was a problem. But there are some small autos that you must use a revolver grip on.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:05 pm

I concur with Blue, gripping an auto is often much different than that of the wheel guns, which one reason why I shoot far better with the autos.

R,
Bullseye

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Post by greener » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:42 pm

He told me that he switched to shooting it left-handed and the point of impact moved to target center. So, I suppose that makes him a natural two handed shooter: revolvers in the right and and semi-auto's in the left.