Stopped short on becoming a Kimber snob

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Stopped short on becoming a Kimber snob

Post by greener » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:02 pm

Kimber snob: They guys I've run into at the range who tell you just how good their 1911's are and just how much they paid for them and that their Kimbers are the best made. Most can't hit squat.

Got a hankering for one of those high priced guns. Checked with a few folks who advised me to save my money. I thought that helped me become the real snob. Wandered out to Green Top this weekend, stood at the gun counter for a while and couldn't attract enough attention to look at one of the Kimber target guns, a Springfield or a nice-looking S&W M41. It looks like the news was right about the big jump in gun sales.

I'm still interested in getting a little better 1911 than I have, but I guess I'll have to wait for the crowds to dissipate. What's good.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Re: Stopped short on becoming a Kimber snob

Post by Bullseye » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:01 pm

Every time the news starts quoting the government's whining about more gun restrictions the sales go through the roof. I saw a line graph of firearms sales over the last twenty years and the average quadrupled in 2008 and just kept climbing upwards from there.

I know what you mean about the Kimber crowd, I never really saw what some other's did in that brand.

R,
Bullseye

perazzi

Post by perazzi » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:42 pm

Oh, just go buy a Cabot gun. The Kimbers will cower before you, of course you'll be numb for a long time.... :wink:

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:13 pm

I have a Kimber and it's a nice gun. It goes bang every time I squeeze the trigger. It's pretty accurate too, however all the other 1911s that I have or have had, make a lot of noise when I squeeze their triggers and they seem to hit the target too.