Jennings 9mm

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

braggjd

Jennings 9mm

Post by braggjd » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:08 pm

I see most post are about Ruger, but someone gave me a Jennings 9mm to see if I could find out the problem with it. Someone has taken it apart and put it togather again. The problem is the the side release button will not release so I can get the side off. Can any one help with this. I no this is a low class gun not as good as Ruger.

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Re: Jennings 9mm

Post by greener » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:30 am

I found this. Might or might not help

http://www.xdtalk.com/threads/jennings- ... tol.14663/

On the back of the slide, where you see the firing pin when you cock the pistol. That is a plastic piece. Ensure the gun is not cocked and empty and then take a pen and push that plastic piece in while gently lifting the rear of the slide when the "button" is pushed all the way in.

Slide should just lift off. I do believe that the 9mm is made the same way as the .22 when it comes to disassembly.

You may have to pull back a little on the slide to get it to lift up, but just a little. Less than an eighth of an inch. Once the slide comes up far enough to clear the barrel, it will move forward and off. The barrel does not come off the frame, it's pinned in place. The only other part to normally come out in a field strip is the recoil spring, which encircles the barrel. You'll end up with three peices.

Assembly is in reverse order.

braggjd

Re: Jennings 9mm

Post by braggjd » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:31 am

I decided to send it back to Jimenez for repairs. that way I will not be liable it. But thanks for response.