Replacing dovetail-mount non-adjustable rear site w/ optics

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

genetics_jo

Replacing dovetail-mount non-adjustable rear site w/ optics

Post by genetics_jo » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:22 pm

Hey folks. I recently bought a Taurus PT92B 9 mm pistol and have shot it several times. Getting fairly accurate with it now that I know I have to hold the front sight about 3 inches above bullseye at 25 yds to hit near where I want to hit. It has a non-adjustable rear sight that is attached via dovetail-groove. Front sight is fixed...no way around that one.

Being that my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be I would like to mount a red dot optic on it (not to mention I don't want to have to remember to aim high if I'm ever faced with an emergency). As there's no way to attach a regular weaver mount to this gun does anyone know of a mount that will attach in the dovetail groove or somewhere else on this particular gun and allow for the mounting of a red dot optical scope?

genetics_jo

Post by genetics_jo » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:05 am

Here's an image of my rear sight and the dovetail mount. Think it matches up with a 1911 dovetail mount???
Image [/img]

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:30 am

Take a look at the Burris Fast Fire. It is an excellent red dot that doesn't overpower the top of a pistol. Here it is mounted on my 41 using the weaver mount to connect it to my weaver scope rail, but you can get a mount that goes on the bottom of the Fast Fire instead of the weaver, and fits in your dovetail. You will be pleased. Regards