GARAND TRIGGER JOB

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

jaeger45
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

GARAND TRIGGER JOB

Post by jaeger45 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:55 am

Hi, Bullseye--
Just got back the M! Garand trigger housing group that I sent to Mac, the 'smith you referred me to. The trigger IS lighter- used to have 8# pull, now probably 4.5-5#. Far as I can see he must have cut off half or even one full coil off the trigger spring. Cost me $50, a fair price, I would say.

He said he builds match rifles in .308 and 30-06, restocked, glassed (bedding), match sights, etc., and is willing to pick up my rifle if I can't ship it to him. However, I am not planning to shoot match- just seeing dem holes in the black, scattered though they may be, is enough to warm the cockles of my heart. :D

If any reader would like to get in touch with this M1 Garand (only) 'smith, just holla and I'll send you his name/address/phone.
A bad shot is often caused by a loose nut behind the buttplate

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:12 pm

He built me one in .308 back in the 80's and it is still one sweet shooter. I don't shoot it as much as I used to but it does still put them in a tight little knot in the target.

Happy to hear your trigger is more to your liking. 4.5 lbs. is the NRA standard minimum for Highpower Service Rifle triggers.

R,
Bullseye