Parker Hale in 7mm mag

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Parker Hale in 7mm mag

Post by gcp » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:54 am

Gentlemen, this is somewhat of topic but yesterday I had the fortune to purchase a very nice PH 7mm Rem mag. I've searched the internet but not much disassembly info is available for my particular rifle. Anyone of you familiar with this particular mode? It's a mauser action with removable 3 round clip. I tried to remove the metalwork from the stock, by removing the 2 screws and it comes loose easy enough but for the life of me I can't figure out how to remove the trigger housing. Looks clean enough under there but I'd still like to remove/inspect it prior to shooting.!

As you can see it cleanned out real well, and it's balance for me is simply fantastic. If it proves accurate it'll be a keeper for sure as a deer rifle

Thanks in advance,
gcp

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:12 am

That's a very nice looking Parker. What model number is that? 1000, 1100, 1200?

Can you post a picture of the barrel markings/model number,caliber?

It's basically a Mauser 98 action, not sure yet if they break down the same.

Thanks.

R,
Bullseye

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

On the Parker – Hale 7mm Rem Mag rifle takedown

Post by gcp » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:19 pm

I am writing this up in hope that my description comes in handy for someone else unfamiliar with their PH rifle...like I was until this am.

In order to remove the metalwork from the stock one must first unscrew the two screw that hold the action in place but, and that’s not an obvious but to the casual observer, in order to remove the trigger guard from the stock (which also secures, along with the two screws, the action/barrel onto the stock), one must also remove the mag release lever (roll pin holds it in place) and spring. Then one must unscrew the Alan screw that’s under the mag release lever, and it all comes apart pretty as you please.

The rifle has a Timney adjustable trigger which I brought down to 34oz from 56 oz, she now breaks smooth as silk….ought to help improve my 1.5 inch groups at 100 yards....maybe.

BTW, I had to refinish the stock even though it was in pretty good shape, call me compulsive if you must :lol:

Hope all this helps someone, sometime, someplace 8)

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:26 pm

Bullsey, I don't know what model my rifle is, there's nothing written on the barrel or receiver with that info. The stamps say that it was made in Birmingham England by Parker-Hale LTD, and it includes the serial number. There's also a few other stampings like crowns, and two crossed swords, I'll try to take pics of them and post them in the am.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:45 pm

gcp,

Nice work, I see you got it apart. The stock looks pretty good also. Don't worry about the pictures of the model numbers. I just wanted to find the right documentation for breaking down your rifle. Looks like you've got it now so that's not important anymore.

R,
Bullseye