FN F2000

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

jaeger45
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

FN F2000

Post by jaeger45 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:31 pm

FN F2000

(Reprinted)
roughneck wrote:Image
take your pick... :twisted:
Ron V. wrote:Have an AK in 7.62X39 (and a few more in other calibers) and have shot an FS2000 (actually have one on order for a few months now through a deal but am not sure if will be honored and after shooting the FS2000 sample, I don't think I'll press on the seller). The FS2000 was a semi-auto from a dealer friend who another friend and I went through with the FN deal. Was not entirely impressed. Any feeding or extraction problems will be difficult to clear. Due to the closer proximity of the muzzle, much louder. Seemed to shoulder OK. Grip angle was, IMO, goofy. If my gun comes in, I'll get it. If not, no big deal for me. (I liked the PS90 even less. Cancelled my order for one of those.)
BasinBictory wrote:The FS2000 is chambered for NATO 5.56mm, right? Seems like there's already dozens of very proven designs firing that round, what could the FS2000 do better than the M4, the SA-80, the Steyr AUG, FAMAS?

The AK, on the other hand, is a legendary design which, although perhaps not useful for sniping further than 200 yards, is a very capable, durable, moderately accurate firearm which is chambered in perhaps the most prolific rifle round in history. I'll take the AK.
http://progunfilipino.20.forumer.com/po ... ote&p=3377

FN F2000

FN F2000 rifle
Type Assault rifle
Place of origin Belgium
Service history
In service 2001-Present
Used by Belgium, Chile, East Timor, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia
Wars Operation Astute
Production history
Designer Fabrique Nationale de Herstal
Variants FS2000, F2000 Tactical
Specifications
Weight 3.6 kg (7.94 lb) empty

4.6 kg (10 lb) with grenade launcher

Length 694 mm (27.3 in)
Barrel length 400 mm (15.6 in)
Cartridge 5.56x45mm NATO
Action Gas-operated, rotating bolt
Rate of fire 850 rounds/min
Muzzle velocity 900 m/s
Effective range 500 meters (540 meters optical sight)
Feed system Various STANAG Magazines.

The FN F2000 is an assault rifle manufactured by Fabrique Nationale de Herstal (FN Herstal

The F2000 was first introduced to the public in 2001 as a versatile yet compact rifle.[2] It has a short-stroke gas piston system with an adjustable gas regulator, and fires the 5.56x45mm NATO cartridge from standard STANAG magazines. Due to the bullpup arrangement, it is compact yet with a long barrel for accurate firing, although it is slightly heavier than most carbines, such as the G36K or the M4. It features forward ejection of spent shells and a P90-style ambidextrous fire selector, and the charging handle is fully adjustable for right or left handed users.

The standard F2000 comes with a plastic forward handguard and an optical sight with 1.6x magnification. The sight cover and sight itself can be removed to reveal a Picatinny rail. The forward handguard can be removed to equip a variety of accessories such as laser aiming modules (LAM), 40 mm grenade launcher with push-button safety, 12-gauge shotgun, M303 less-lethal launcher, or the triple rail found on the F2000 Tactical. The optical sight can be replaced with a special computerized fire control system designed for the 40 mm grenade launcher. The fire control computer makes firing regular grenades much easier, though it cannot fire smart grenades. There is an Israeli system that uses the M203 and computerized sight to fire 40 mm airburst grenades. Neither of these should be confused with the 20 mm and 25 mm grenades of the U.S. OICW program.

The F2000 platform has a bayonet lug mounted near the muzzle, and has an adjustable gas regulator with two settings: "normal" for standard ammunition meeting SAAMI or NATO specifications, and "adverse" to send more gas into the system to ensure proper functioning when fouled or when using out of spec ammunition. The chamber, rotating breech block, and ejector mechanisms can be accessed by flipping up the access cover, or known affectionately by many operators of the F2000 as the “toilet seat” cover. Rather than being directly ejected from the rifle, spent cases are shifted into an ejection chute by the polymer ejector mechanism's swinging guide which then directs them into the ejection chute, where they can be removed by tilting the rifle forward or by being pushed out by additional spent cases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_F2000

FN-F2000 IN THE U-TUBE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbit-R3F ... re=related
A bad shot is often caused by a loose nut behind the buttplate