1022 Trigger Work

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

1022 Trigger Work

Post by greener » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:29 pm

Came across this 1022 trigger job video. Seems to be pretty good.

http://www.greatwestgunsmithing.com/102 ... 0high.html

I do like his trick of using pilot pins for hard to install assemblies. Short pin to hold it together inside the action and then push them out with the real pin.

Now all I have to decide is do I use this as a guide and have at my 10/22, use Oldman's gun shop or buy "expensive" parts on the trigger job I want to do.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: 1022 Trigger Work

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:49 pm

greener wrote:Came across this 1022 trigger job video. Seems to be pretty good.

http://www.greatwestgunsmithing.com/102 ... 0high.html

I do like his trick of using pilot pins for hard to install assemblies. Short pin to hold it together inside the action and then push them out with the real pin.

Now all I have to decide is do I use this as a guide and have at my 10/22, use Oldman's gun shop or buy "expensive" parts on the trigger job I want to do.
Whatever floats your boat, my friend. Get it done by a real gunsmith or someone else?????
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

99/100
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by 99/100 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:59 pm

I typically use a toothpick to hold it together. As I am both frugal and aware of my limitations I broke down and bought a VQ hammer and later a :match grade" trigger from CGP. With the other DIY stuff I learned from his site I figured I saved the price and "re-invested". I had "polished" the surfaces of the hammer and trigger but didn't have access to a drill press to accurately drill and tap the trigger for a set screw. Hammer can be had for $39 and I think the trigger was $24

greener

Post by greener » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:08 pm

I thought about nipping a nail to size. Bearandoldman's smith does an excellent job. My real temptation is to see if I can do it without botching it too badly.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:07 am

greener wrote:I thought about nipping a nail to size. Bearandoldman's smith does an excellent job. My real temptation is to see if I can do it without botching it too badly.
Get the trigger assembly in a padded bag and get it off to Lyle, in no time at all you will have a triiger like my guns all have. My shop does great and fast work. I garontee.

greener

Post by greener » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:47 am

I may do that in a week or so.

Temptation is hard to resist. I noticed that my favorite gun shop had a 10/22 in fair condition listed for a bit over $100. Figured I could talk them into a lower price. After all, I had a good barrel and good stock. Of course, I don't like the stock and....

Fortunately I was able to resist

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:54 am

greener wrote:I may do that in a week or so.

Temptation is hard to resist. I noticed that my favorite gun shop had a 10/22 in fair condition listed for a bit over $100. Figured I could talk them into a lower price. After all, I had a good barrel and good stock. Of course, I don't like the stock and....

Fortunately I was able to resist
Buy it before some one else does. You alwyas need another 10/22, at least I do.

99/100
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by 99/100 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:10 pm

For a C-note I'd take that deal.